Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I don't do my own taxes because I can't really do it. I'm bad with numbers. I hire an accountant to do it for me.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I have hired professionals for this in the past, and I actually prefer it as long as my business can afford it. You end up saving a lot of time and stress this way and you also get to keep yourself safe because the professional knows all the small details and how to handle them best. This way, you can then spend the time you save on the business itself and acquiring more profits rather than having to spend a significant amount of time doing back-end calculations and paperwork, so you potentially could end up gaining more profits which I think is worth a whole lot more than the salary you pay the expert.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I did my own taxes this year and used turbo tax for business. It made the process so simple and it walked me
    through everything step by step. In years past I always had someone to do it , but I decided that I wanted to take
    an active roll in all areas of my business.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    My husband and I filed our taxes online with H&R block. We did have a person over the phone walk over with us on the business part. It was very confusing and would not have been able to complete them if it wasn't for the guy on the phone.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I used to go to HR block to do my taxes until I realized just how expensive it was. I figured if I just sit down one day and learn to read the IRS guide on how to file taxes, I'd never have to learn it again and could easily do my own taxes for free. I do my own taxes now and honestly, with the advent of tax software, it's so easy to do it on your own now.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I do my own taxes and then use turbotax in order to help me with it. I believe that paying people to do your taxes never really works out and is definitely not worth the money. But thats just my 2 cents.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I do my own taxes, however each year my sales keep significantly increasing and I am thinking about using a CPA. I think a CPA could get more money back, because I am scared to offset expenses, besides typical costs and inventory. I am not great at keeping track of smaller item expenses, such as paper, ink, or related supplies. Each year I have vowed to be better, but have yet to increase my organization in this category.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    jkhjk
    I always hire an accountant because I hate all these calculations and accounting work. Well I am hiring accountant from same firm from many years because they are reliable.

Share on facebook

Last edited by Nate Kinsella; 04-30-2014 at 03:44 AM.

9. Collapse Details
    I am an accountant and I do my own taxes. To be honest I am not a fan of taxes and I really think I am going to start paying someone else to do my taxes. People sometime finds this strange but taxes are not my niche. Taxes are a very specialize field and it takes the right person to do them and really stay up to date with all of the changes.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I had someone do my taxes for the first 2 years I was in business. After that I did it myself by looking that the previous tax returns filled out by my accountant. My business income had remained the same over the years so that is why this works for me.If it was different each year I would have an accountant do it for me, don't want to mess with the IRS

Share on facebook