Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Motivating Staff - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by fredkawig View Post
    Yeah. You can do a lot of things to motivate them by giving them incentives once in a while. Depending on the needs of your staff, you can give the incentives either in cash or goods and etc.
    I do not believe in this. Why should I give an employee an incentive for doing their job? I refuse to do that. My policy is, either you do your job right, or your fired. There are too many people out there that need jobs for me to accept negligence from an employee.

Share on facebook

It's just business.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles910 View Post
    I do not believe in this. Why should I give an employee an incentive for doing their job? I refuse to do that. My policy is, either you do your job right, or your fired. There are too many people out there that need jobs for me to accept negligence from an employee.
    ^ This, more or less. The company I am with does give year-end bonuses to key staff. Beyond that, though, a salary, benefits, and a steady job should be a pretty good motivation for staff to meet their responsibilities to the company. Particularly in this insane economy.

Share on facebook

Last edited by SteakTartare; 03-24-2014 at 11:43 PM.
    "The business of America is business."—Calvin Coolidge

3. Collapse Details
    Different types of businesses attract different types of employees. What might work to keep one group motivated may not work for another group. Perks can help, but it has to appeal to the employees. It does not have to be expensive but it does have to show that you are paying attention to their needs. Year end bonuses are always appreciated, but staff parties are not appreciated as much by some employees. Flexible timetables can be a free perk if you manage it correctly with the right staff and the staff don't make it impossible to get work done. Having a coffee service can be a perk if the employees routinely have to leave to get coffee.

Look to the reasons why they employees came to you in the first place. That should give you some idea of what motivates them. If there is nothing unique about the job, then there isn't likely much you can do but pay more (it will keep them happier, but wont truly motivate them).

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    The best way to motivate your staff and to keep them motivated is to make sure you know them. Take a moment to talk to them and hear them out. Ask them if they're growing or improving and ask them for their ideas. Make them feel at home and interact with them like they are part of your family. If they are comfortable with you then everything will be smooth but of course, make sure they know their limitations. If they are doing good, let them know and congratulate them. If they are doing bad, let them know and teach them how to improve and be better. Employees want to work in a place where they know they will grow as an individual.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I think everyone could take a leaf out of Piterion's book. They have very good employee satisfaction levels owing to their perks, benefits and transparent appraisal policies. My friend who works there keeps raving about her vacation trips and work life balance that sometimes it does get to me! I believe monetary rewards are ultimately what can keep employees from moving while a postivie work place will encourage them to come to work daily.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    The one thing which I miss most about my past job is my worker benefits when it comes to hospitalisation. Since I'm no more a health care professional, I have to pay in my medicines, check-up, and so on.

In my opinion, to maintain your business working well, it doesn't end with getting professional people. It is also about discovering how you can strengthen your relationships together, and keep them within the firm for a long time. Most often, companies might have similar offerings to job applicants, which includes the pay. What sets companies aside from each other will be the benefits that they are giving to employees. It's also not a secret that hopeful employees do think about this when thinking when they should accept a job offer. To be able to welcome aboard skilled people, you’d should also keep the rewards system competitive.

Share on facebook

Riding my bike to work is a one-hour travel and I feel rejuvenated when I reach my destination.

7. Collapse Details
    Employee imagination and creativity can feed into the innovations made by a new business.
    All businesses must evolve to remain competitive,if employees are not motivated, they will not offer ideas which will help the company maintain its market share or gain new clients.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Motivating employees is part of the manager's job requirements. Human Resources can support the manager by facilitating his or her needs to motivate employees. Although there are a number of methods that work well, I have most often come across motivation through accountability. People generally want the opportunity to leave their footprint in their work and have an impact on the company. So, managers should assign a project with expected results and HR could help provide training, if needed, for the employees to achieve those results. The employees would be accountable and have themselves to answer to first. The project could be small starting out, with all the same attributes: deadlines, expected results, workload balance, and accountability.

Share on facebook

Last edited by littleHR; 03-27-2016 at 02:09 PM.

Christian
    co-founder
    littleHR.com

9. Collapse Details
    Maybe financial bonuses for certain goals ?

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I think to motivate the employes, company must celebrate the victories.... It can be small or big... does not matter..

Share on facebook