Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Account types and small business.
    In Canada - and I assume elsewhere as well - HSBC is dumping all of their small business clients as they are not profitable enough. I am too small to have to worry about business accounts specifically as I have something that works well for my situation. What is it that you look for when opening an account for your business? Obviously the specifics of a business matter to the answer to my question, but what should a bank be offering you to reel in your business?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    To be honest, I'd most likely just go with the bank where I have my personal account too. I've been with them all my life and I'm very happy with their customer service. I still do part of my finances with them, even though I live in a different country.

So to be more specific into what I'm looking for? Trustworthy, easy to use and good customer service. I'm ready to pay slightly higher fees (if necessary) in order to have the qualities mentioned above.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonghost747 View Post
    To be honest, I'd most likely just go with the bank where I have my personal account too. I've been with them all my life and I'm very happy with their customer service. I still do part of my finances with them, even though I live in a different country.

So to be more specific into what I'm looking for? Trustworthy, easy to use and good customer service. I'm ready to pay slightly higher fees (if necessary) in order to have the qualities mentioned above.
    A good web banking format is also a great thing if they have it.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    Both DomDom and crimsonghost answers seem pretty good. If we already have a trustworthy connection, even if at a personal level, with our bank, why not take our business there too, seems the next logical step. Web banking can be really practical too and with less expenses.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    Ahh yes of course. That one is so obvious that I didn't even think of mentioning it. I go to my bank once a year to have a quick chat with my financial advisor (mainly just to see if she has anything interesting to offer, sometimes she does!) but everything else I do from the internet.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Since the needs of a small business owner may include getting a loan from the bank, if I'm looking for a great bank to do business with I'd prefer a bank where the management will make decisions promptly without having to call the main offices wherever they might be to approve something like say a small loan.

That's why I would prefer to work with smaller banks because they 'care' more about their customers and you're more likely to get faster, better and cheaper services from them.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Here firstly you have to decide is the type of business you will open. There is having five different types of accounts you have to know to organize the company's financial statements and from where we have to find the similar accounts on the financial statement.

Share on facebook