Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    How to attract resellers?
    Hi

I've developed software for code optimization, for software developers.

The problem is, that software developers that could use my product are in limited number, I'm guessing around 10K in the world, so I guess around 1000 companies. I hope more...

I would like to attract some companies to become my resellers. There's no doubt the software is useful and affordable.

I know almost all companies I would like to send an email about business opportunity to become a reseller. I offer up to 49% discount. Discount depends on how many copies they would resell. I think there's around 50 such companies.

I need some advice on putting together an email that I would send to them. These companies already sell the software to create applications, that my product can optimize. So it would be like an add-on to what they sell.

I know these things:

- point out the revenue benefits
    - that I will have complete support for my product, so they are just a resellers
    - that they already have the marketing 'service' implemented, since it would be an add-on to what they sell

So, any suggestions to how to do it, would be very appreciated.

I would also like to know is the 49% discount good? Or is it a 'custom' to have even bigger discounts for resellers?

Thank you very much

Matej

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Software
    In my opinion this is is a tough sell. You are targeting a very select few software devlopers. Do not send an e-mail!!!!!! Try contacting them directly. Try and try until you talk to the right person to set up a meeting. Come up with an impressive presentation on how your code can improve their product and walk in to that board room like you already have million $$$$ offers! Confidence is key here, if you know that your code can significantly improve their product, for them it will be a no brainer. It is also key that before doing this you look into patenting your idea. If you don't you are putting yourself at risk.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Hi

Thanx for advice, but I'm from Slovenia, Europe, and going around the world, Australia, US, UK, Japan, Africa is not an option at the moment. So, this is just an internet business. I think an email is my only chance.

I'm also thinking of first sending them a free license of product, to check it out. I'm sure they will like it and maybe I can then point out all the benefits of becoming a reseller.

It's a tough call.

I sure don't wanna be a spammer, so I think with a free license is a good way to start a connection, don't you think so?

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Email Promotion
    If you are going to sell the product, you will have to be sure to get to the "decision maker". By this I mean for you to seek out the one person that can say yes! . Unfortunately, using an email may not be the best medium.

But it's not impossible, so here's some tips for developing a good email promoting your product.

1. Be honest (don't promise 100% increase in productivity if it won't get you a 100% increase. If you do this, you'll be no better than a spammer and will fail at developing the relationship)

2. Get straight to the point (don't waste the readers time, they'll probably spend less than 20 seconds looking at your email. So make it "short and sweet" as we say in the United States

3. Use the subject line to your advantage(this could be the only thing that the decision maker sees, so they need to know that this is not spam)

4. Develop a relationship (this is tough to do with an email, but be personal. Find out the decision makers name, address the email to him. Make the email feel like you are talking to him, and not 1000 companies. Personally, I would recommend developing an individual email for each company.)

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Matthew Quasebarth, Quasebarth Advantage Business Consulting

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    An alternative to email
    Hi,

I agree with many of your respondents - emailing this is a toughie, especially if they don't know who you are.
    Have you tried networking online to these developers? it strikes me that you're using networking to find an answer (by asking around on this site) when you're using the answer all the time, are there other online communities these developers use where you could join and ask them for their opinion of your product? That way you get right in front of the people you want to contact!
    If you structure your offer properly people who are interested will make themselves known.

Best of luck!
    Al

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Hi Matej,
    i think a 49% discount is way too much. I'm not a fan of discount logic and margin lowering to find new resellers. First because customers will consider you just for your special offer and because you are cheap (if your product is good, you can't be cheap - of course not even out of market -), second because once you sell your product with a high discount, customers will ask you for the same % all the times.
    Have you ever thought about publishing an online demo of your software? Like a free trial open up to 30 days? After 30 days, they can choose to buy it or not. I'm curious to onething, is also a service/assistance package included into your software package? People like to feel protected when they buy something, especially a software.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    It's one of those products which you've developed which not many people are able to use at the moment, your target market is small but you have to access that target market initially. Personally I'd advertise my product on relevant forums that specalise in programming for example as there may actually be more interest in the product from people on these forums and not just the companies which may be interested in the product

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Perhaps it would be good to have some people/companies test the software so you can gain credibility and some reputation as this is something new. Also I have learned that if you have had some background info, for example college degree or work experience, that would grab some attention for the software. There was also a tactic used when I buy stuff online where the discount would be 20% but then rise to 30% if I were to try to click out of the website, saying that this deal is a once in a lifetime if that helps.

Share on facebook

MOBE's My Top Tier Business: MTTB 21 Steps System is MOBE’s premier commission generating system. Discover how to get $1,250, $3,300 and $5,500 commissions.
    http://track.mobetrack.com/aff_c?off...aff_id=1368103

And if you are weary, just pay shipping for Matt Lloyd's book "Limitless" http://track.mobetrack.com/aff_c?off...aff_id=1368103

Or you can go to a FREE Workshop
    http://track.mobetrack.com/aff_c?off...aff_id=1368103

9. Collapse Details
    If you think calling to them directly is not possible for this moment you can still go on or continue doing emailing to them; The important thing is you should be more informative and presentation is on the high level.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Try to check this one...

25 Ways to Make Your First Online Sale

Share on facebook