Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    What are the best ways to use social media for marketing purposes?
    It would be really helpful if I could get a few tips from other members about using social media for marketing. Which are the best sites to use? Are some sites better for generating traffic and others for sales? How often should I use them? Should I use my current social media sites or set up separate ones for business? Help with these questions and any other tips is really appreciated.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I think Facebook is still the best to use, but even then, I wouldn't necessarily rely on it as the majority of my marketing campaign. In my opinion, it's probably best to treat it as a supplement and put up a good campaign that utilizes it to further expand your visibility with potential audiences. Other than that, you might want to look into less popular sites like Google+ and Pinterest wherein you might get significantly less competition for audience attention. I think the best way to go about this is to just test out different ones and pick the one you are most comfortable with to focus on.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Facebook as far as I'm concerned is still the best way to advertise either free or paid. Their advertising feature is a new way to get customers and target them within a specific locality.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Create your own website. Create an FB FAN PAGE for your website. Populate it with good, interesting and engaging articles, videos, images and other shareable and likeable stuff..this way, you will be able to build your audience.

Hey, you should also activate the FB feature that links your twitter account. This way, every time you update your FB FAN PAGE, you are also tweeting it at the same time.

Good luck!

Share on facebook

----
    I just started my own website and you can find it on http://www.ofwtips.com

5. Collapse Details
    I use mostly Facebook for social media marketing, and it's a great free way to build active users on your site. I add random friends on my personal page with similar interests, invite them to like my fan page, and interact with them. It works great!

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    FB pages are good especially for local business, such as a football team.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bauss View Post
    I use mostly Facebook for social media marketing, and it's a great free way to build active users on your site. I add random friends on my personal page with similar interests, invite them to like my fan page, and interact with them. It works great!
    I guess, but i never believed in it. it only works for major companies with millions to spend. Small companies should not waste their time, and money with it in my opinion. I personally think forums are a better option.

Share on facebook

It's just business.

8. Collapse Details
    I would have to agree with some of the others here and say that Facebook Fanpages are great. The reason being is because it allows you to build a relationship with your visitors.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    It is all about knowing your audience. You need to understand what the audience needs and keep tabs on it. You do not have to promote the products that you are offering in every post that you make. At least make sure you also interact with your connections on another level.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I recommend Google+. Being active on communities can help you building relationship with other people of your niche and at the same time you can put links on custom links.
    Your contribution on G+ will be helpful for Google to rank your website as because Google crawls G+ more often then other social medias.
    But again this is a minor part of it. Google doesn't rely on only G+.
    Why not try all the top social medias? And ofcourse always open a business/company account. Reaching your audience should be your first target, if you are doing it right then all good things will come along your way.

Share on facebook