Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    I promote stand-up comedy shows for a living. Unfortunately, I do have to advertise and communicate with people about our shows. However, I have not had to spend any money. I find that many of the newspapers and magazines want to cover info about our events.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    We mainly use facebook and local free classified ads sites to promote our business. It works for us well. I would not say that it's totally free, since we still spend for the internet service, but it basically covers all our marketing needs. For small and medium businesses, free advertising suffices. For bigger companies with big competitors, marketing is a different game. Paid ads can push the company name to the front row.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Instead of spending them on advertising, I'd rather use the money for my actual business.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Depends on how good your product is. If you firmly believe your product is worthwhile and that it fills a demand, then really you don't need to spend so much on advertising as it only takes a couple buyers to get the word spread. Now if you're just an affiliate trying to sell some sleazy product, then yes, you may need to spend some money on advertising to a targeted audience. It all depends.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I don't spend money for advertising anymore, but I do spend to get premium listing on Ebay because it affords me a good amount of benefits as a seller and I think it also puts buyers at more ease when considering to buy from my store. I think it's very much worth it as I did see a significant increase in my sales when I started using it as opposed to when I was just a free member.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I know many guys who have stopped advertising and had to turn away clients because they have so much, so it's a proven business model.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Advertising is a small part of the business. Providing decent quality is the good way!

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I don't like to spend much on advertising, though sometimes it can be a necessary evil.

Social media really is the best way if you don't want to spend too much money. Get your tweets out there to the right people and everything else should work for itself. I also enjoy making videos. You can convey so much of your message in a video, and I find that audiences are more interesting in watching moving content than a simple print ad, for instance.

Share on facebook

@Skroozey

9. Collapse Details
    Referrals is the name of the game. Treat your customers with respect and they will help grow your business. I have gotten so much business
    just by doing my job correctly. But facebook, twitter and Pinterest will also help.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Most of the great local businesses didn't spend a dime on their ads.

Share on facebook