Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Ever tried link-baiting?
    Link-baiting is . . . kind of hard to explain. But I know how it works. You place something on your web-site that encourages someone to either link to it or have someone click on the link in which case the bait is buried within the link. It's one of those sure-fire ways to get many free backlinks and lots of traffic from the sites which link to you.

One of the link-baiting strategies is to create a very informative and comprehensive list that quite obviously should be topically relevant to your niche. Then you sit back and wait for the traffic to come your way.

Have any of you tried link-baiting. If you have, what strategy did you use?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    For the result of the link bait, we have use the social share buttons on the website. People love items in list. The content which is easy to understand. Give a free stuffs on your website. Large amount of content is not good idea of link bait.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I refuse to do it because I hate when it is done to me. Do I sometimes make the headline a bit more appealing to tempt my audience? SURE! But I certainly do not lie to them or use nothing but hyperbole to get them to pay attention. Remember that a reader is going to remember if you disappoint then.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    it means put something on your website to get traffic and when someone click on that link than bait is buried within the link.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    How we can do this,please give some more explanation.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    What is link bating?? Can anyone explain me it clearly!!

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I don't think it's a great idea in the long term for your business :S

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    "Link Baiting" is nothing more than a tactic designed to get a large number of backlinks in a natural way - there's nothing spammy or manipulative about it unless you use spammy and manipulative practices to promote it the piece of content.

It takes a lot of work to do the research, production, and promotion to get a great piece of "link bait" to work, but they can be great for your website and branding. A technique that's used is the "skyscraper" approach where you find a piece of content in your niche that's already done well acquiring backlinks, then re-create it and make it better (don't just copy it). A common one you've probably seen is to interview a relatively large number of influencers in your niche and publish their answers in a long form post. Most, if not all, of the people you interviewed, will share it out to their followers (you need to ask them to do this), and many will also link to it from their blogs. If you asked the right question/s to them, then you'll have a very meaty post filled with a number of great takeaways. This means their followers will likely share it and link to it as well. More info here: http://backlinko.com/skyscraper-technique

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I have never tried Link-Baiting so no idea about it.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Hey, I need to ask one thing. Is this even ethical ? It does sound fishy. Not sure.

Share on facebook

I'm a consultant at 48factoring helping startups and small businesses get up and running!