Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Good Leadership Skills
    As soon as you employ somebody else to work for your business you are the leader of the team. For you and your team to work effectively and productively then you should be a good leader. What do you think are the skills that make a good leader?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I think it's important to be fair. As a team leader/employer you need to reward good work through appreciation words or certain rewards. If the employees perform well maybe you can let them go home earlier, maybe give them more money on pay day or maybe tell them how awesome they are. See them as human beings, don't threaten them and when overworked explain the situation and try to lighten the mood. The soul of any good business are they employees and they should be treated accordingly

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Some great skills to have are to be firm but fair at all times with the people you are leading. Being open minded with others is important cause no two people are alike. Having Great communication skills are a plus also. If you have employees that do great work show them recognition I have found that those that I work with work even harder when you give them pats on the back and show that you like their work. Remember your people are as good as the leader shows.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I always think of the dog whisperer when I hear the word leadership. I think what he says about the interaction between humans and dogs apply to humans and humans also. They will follow calm and assertive leadership. No yelling or other unstable behavior.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I agree with what Stacey and Alec said. Reward your employees when they do a good job. Be fair and open minded with
    your employees.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    To be a great leader you need the people who you lead to know that you're good at what you do. If you've had some experience in business tell them about that and what you expect from them. Good leaders promote and encourage communication between them and their employees.

If you leave some room for your employees to express their opinions about what they like or don't like, what works and what doesn't, what needs improvement and so on it will help your business grow faster because you'll all be working as a team and most people like that.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    There are many aspects to being a good leader. But caring about your fellow employees and showing them that you really care is very important to get their commitment and trust in you.
    There are many great articles and reviews in the monthly Harvard Business Review (hbr.org) magazine. I'd recommend it to anyone who is/will be a manager in any kind of business area.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I think the one of the most important traits a good leader can have is a firm grasp of what it's like to be a follower. The people who understand this will tend to act with a lot more understanding and compassion, and also, they would know how to solve any problem within subordinates best because of this. This way, whenever you speak as a leader, your followers will have a much firmer respect for your words as they know it comes from a place of genuine understanding rather than an assumption of what it must be like to be them.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    A good leader should be able to communicate clearly exactly what the goal of any project is and the plan for achieving that goal. Clarity of vision will create an environment where employees know what is expected of them and how to get the job done. Being vague or unclear is confusing and leads to many workplace problems. If you are clear on the goal your employees will feel free to use their various skills to support you. Also, you want to create an environment where merit is rewarded - in cash bonuses if possible. Nothing speaks louder than money. Do not encourage employees to be yes-men, it will poison the business. Except honest criticism if it's offered discretely but do not put up with outright disrespect to you or amongst the ranks. So, be clear, firm, generous, honest and forthright if you want to earn the respect of your team.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Surprisingly enough, I have found that in order to be a good leader, one mus be a good team member first. A leader may be the one making the calls and decisions, but they shouldn't believe they are more superior than anyone else at the business. They need to be able to get down and dirty with the rest of the workers. They should be just as committed to the little details that make the job run smoothly as the lowest-level employee. If they aren't willing to share responsibility and be just as accountable as everyone else, they won't be a good leader. They will appear unapproachable and maybe even untrustworthy, which are never good qualities for a boss or team leader.

Share on facebook