Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Responsibility is number one in my opinion. A true leader always takes responsibility for his team!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzief79 View Post
    As soon as you employ somebody else to work for your business you are the leader of the team. For you and your team to work effectively and productively then you should be a good leader. What do you think are the skills that make a good leader?
    IMHO, a good leader has vision and sets meaningful goals in order for his/her team to know why the hell they're in the team ... please forgive my "French". As a leader, you need to be authentic and follow through on your responsibilities and the tasks you take on. You need to "walk the talk". And finally, I think a good leader empowers his team by being savvy at delegating tasks and responsibilities to his/her subordinates.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    It is all about being a good listener. You need to be able to listen to your employees if they have a problem then they will share it with you. But if you decide to keep thing to yourself then it will be hard for them also to tell you if there is anything wrong.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I believe a good leader should be a good follower as well. It's important for the leader to know what's going on with his team members and he should be able to communicate with them. A leader should know how to interact with his members without intimidating them. I also believe a leader is a good leader if he inspires and helps his members reach their full potential. If you want your members to trust you, you should also show them you trust them.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    A Good Leader should have a very good DIPLOMATIC SKILLS. Aside from that, these traits:

D-Dependability
    I-Integrity
    C-Courage
    K-Knowlege
    B-Bearing
    I-Initiative
    T-Tact
    E-Endurance
    J-Judgement
    U-Unselfishness
    D-Decisiveness
    J-Justice
    E-Efficiency
    L-Loyalty

Share on facebook

----
    I just started my own website and you can find it on http://www.ofwtips.com

6. Collapse Details
    To be a good leader you need to go above and beyond managing your employees. A good leader knows how to be fair and listen to what their employees are saying. It is not enough to manage the work to make sure it gets done, but to inspire and motivate the employee to grow.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I think working effectively with the other team members is the first and foremost quality that a good team leader should acquire. Also, encouraging the team members and leading the team along with them will definitely bring success to the team and eventually the credits goes to the lead.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Leadership skills are extremely important especially if you are in the introductory phase.
    Having strong leadership will allow your business to grow rapidly and expand your networks.

Sincerely,
    Madan Chartered Accountant

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Good communication skills are required at every level of business, but leaders must possess outstanding communication skills.Inspiring others is the mark of an effective leader. A team depends on its leader to tell them where they are going, why they are going, and how they’re going to get there. Becoming an effective leader is not a one-time thing. It takes time to learn and practice leadership skills until they become a part of you.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I think communication and teamwork is paramount. If an employee doesn't know you are willing to do the dirty work they are likely to respect you less because it's almost condescending and will make them feel like you are "above them"

Share on facebook