Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    What businesses require very little capital
    Instead of always answering questions, it's time to ask one.

Looking at different businesses, most require quite a large amount of capital to start with. Renting the space, buying the items you are selling or need for your service etc. If anyone has ideas of businesses which require very little capital to start, please share them with us.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    If you want to start a business with very little capital, you normally have 2 choices. You can either start an online business or you can start a business from home.

Some low cost business ideas are:

- growing and selling herbs (can do it from your back yard)
    - selling at flea markets (can resell products or make your own)
    - web design and hosting
    - selling unique local products online

The disadvantages with a low cost business is that there is a lot of competition and the potential profit is not always very good.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I look at freelance writing as running my own business. The costs are absolutely minimal. You can take any skill you have and turn that into a business. Dog-walking is another low cost one.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I believe that the attitude of our great grandparents shines through here. A popular addage of that generation in the U.S. was "If there is a will, there is a way". An idea to support that is there are very few industries that didn't have to start "at the very bottom".

So a better question for you to ask, might be to start off with the things that you are interested in, and then to ask which one of them can you get started with very little start-up capitial. You might find that all of them 'can' be, which gets you to "the passion factor". You will be most "successful" at the things that you are the most passionate about.

If the only thing that you are passionate about is "making money", then experience has taught me that you will most likely find that to be a long, cold, lonely road that only few are able to travel down, and even of those few that can travel down that road they find themselves miserable at the end of their lives, or at best numb.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I think a good number of businesses can probably be started with minimum capital if one is willing enough to start small, but as for ones that have better chances of survival despite lack of funds for marketing, I'd think selling things online is probably one of them. Since posting items online is free, then you could potentially just start with about 10 items or maybe even less, and then all you'd have to worry about is the extra shipping charges which isn't that much and you could even make the customer shoulder the costs. The most difficult part of this is sourcing the goods that are cheap enough while still being highly sought after to yield significant profits.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by HeinrichM View Post
    If you want to start a business with very little capital, you normally have 2 choices. You can either start an online business or you can start a business from home.

Some low cost business ideas are:

- growing and selling herbs (can do it from your back yard)
    - selling at flea markets (can resell products or make your own)
    - web design and hosting
    - selling unique local products online

The disadvantages with a low cost business is that there is a lot of competition and the potential profit is not always very good.
    --

This perfectly answers the question on this thread. I like the idea of growing herb and some plants in the backyard and joining the flea market to sell my produce.

Share on facebook

----
    I just started my own website and you can find it on http://www.ofwtips.com

7. Collapse Details
    Online business require little amount of capital since all you need is just a skill. few hundred dollars and the will to learn forex trading can get you a fortune and if you consider it a business, you'll be successful. But then skill like this is hard learn and its a struggle to survive in bear and bull battle.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by garfish View Post
    Online business require little amount of capital since all you need is just a skill. few hundred dollars and the will to learn forex trading can get you a fortune and if you consider it a business, you'll be successful. But then skill like this is hard learn and its a struggle to survive in bear and bull battle.
    I definitely agree. Online businesses can really get you somewhere financially. However, due to the advancements in technology and the fact that many people are beginning to find a way to make money online, your online business will not succeed if you don't have marketing. You must be very competitive in the online industry, for many people are starting up their businesses online as well.

Have competitive pricing, a nice website, great customer service, and something different to offer to your niche market.

Good luck on your start-up!

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Direct selling is really a good alternative. You just have to sell products at a higher price. Look for a good source though.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Thanks a lot for the ideas. I don't really like the online option since where I live I'd require about $1500 to live a normal life per month. Kind of hard to compete with Asians who require 1/10th of that and are obviously willing to do most work for a fraction of the cost.

I really enjoyed the idea of reselling things on flea markets, that's really creative! Also kind of like the idea of growing herbs etc, it will not make a full time profit but could be an interesting side business!

Share on facebook