Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Some other business that would require little capital to start:

- If you know some coding, start an app development business. All you might need is just a website and you're good to go. Chances are if you're very good at what you do, you may end up being a millionaire.

- You could also start a virtual assistant business. There are lots of companies or businesses that require workers who work on contract for a few hours a day. This could be great because you can work for different clients or even hire people to work for you and pay earn a commission from them.

- Start a landscaping business. It won't cost you much to advertise your business. All you need to do is print something and slip it under the doors of your neighbors before they get up and wait for the calls . . .

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Teaching or tutorial services require low capital to start. It can be very lucrative especially if you are fond of sharing your knowledge to kids and if you have exceptional level of patience. You may be able to earn enough start-up capital from this venture to launch your full-blown business.

I agree with the online freelance businesses that others have already mentioned.

Do what you love and sharpen this particular skill, then make money out of it.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    That virtual assistant position sounds very interesting, I didn't know this was a possibility, you mean virtual as in work-from-home, right?
    I'd like to try to find some companies that require this service.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Strykstar View Post
    That virtual assistant position sounds very interesting, I didn't know this was a possibility, you mean virtual as in work-from-home, right?
    I'd like to try to find some companies that require this service.
    Believe it or not, many companies require virtual assistants. Especially small businesses, who can't afford to hire a full time employee, but still need help. Based on what I've seen, the term virtual assistant covers a wide variety of skills, starting from data entry, online research, writing, scheduling, updating websites/blogs, marketing, target market research, etc. It could be pretty much anything. The best part is, that you can work from anywhere as long as you you have internet connection.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I think online businesses require less amount of capital. You don't even need to go out or rent a space, you can work from home.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    A tuition agency costs almost nothing to set up. All you really need is a website and a phone.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Research Drop shipping, I can't speak to the success of the model but it's a low cost entry model you may be interested in.
    Create a blog in a niche and become an Amazon partner, directing your audience to specific offerings.

Don't get too overwhelmed by the overseas competition. If you provide quality product/service and a timely response model you will succeed.

Cheers and good luck!

Share on facebook

Keith W. Koch
    Digital Strategy Consultant/Oregon Ducks Fan
    CEO/Founder Kelektiv88 "A socially responsible creative agency"
    www.kelektiv88.com
    IG:@keithwkoch
    Twitter:@koch8801
    Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/keith-w-koch/1b/929/2a9/

8. Collapse Details
    I would go with starting an online based business because there is much less overhead to worry about, such as inventory and storage as you mentioned.

In addition, you basically have the entire world at your disposal with the internet.

Share on facebook

STOP LOSING CUSTOMERS!

You are losing potential customers right now by not having a mobile website

See how awesome your website could look on a smartphone and get yours ASAP!

www.yourmobilesitemaker.com

9. Collapse Details
    I think SEO is a good business with very little capital. You can start it online from your home.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    You can try on creating a online service marketplace website for your locality. The site should allow the service professionals to list their service. When people are searching for a suitable professional to their requirement, they will find the profiles of service professionals listed in your site. This way your platform can be the next big idea for your locality. It may not need much money to invest but you should create the website with functionalities like thumbtack or taskrabbit. You can avail them at smaller price from the web development companies who are offering the clone scripts of the websites like thumbtack.

Share on facebook

Stuck with the idea of creating your own startup?

Launch a freelance platform or a website like Airbnb in a short time using the clone scripts