1. Collapse Details
    Why isn't affiliate marketing working for me?
    Like every new blogger, I'm confronted with blog monetization tips that look very lucrative but which I know very little about. You guessed right, I applied for Amazon, Blue Host and other affiliate programs with the hope of making some decent income from my blog.

After months of handwork in promoting the affiliate links and attracting readers to my blog I'm disappointed to announce that I've not earned a dime.

What am I missing? Why is it that people are making more from affiliate programs that pay me nothing?

Any tips would help. My blog is topratedtips.com

Thanks in advance.

Share on facebook

Get the latest blogging tips, unbiased product reviews and other topics that matter to you: Toprated Tips blog

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jatelo2 View Post
    Like every new blogger, I'm confronted with blog monetization tips that look very lucrative but which I know very little about. You guessed right, I applied for Amazon, Blue Host and other affiliate programs with the hope of making some decent income from my blog.

After months of handwork in promoting the affiliate links and attracting readers to my blog I'm disappointed to announce that I've not earned a dime.

What am I missing? Why is it that people are making more from affiliate programs that pay me nothing?

Any tips would help. My blog is topratedtips.com

Thanks in advance.

I visited your blog, and noticed that your Alexa Ranking is a respectable 280,000, so you are definitely getting traffic to your site. But as you mentioned, your visitors are not converting into customers. And the million dollar question is "WHY?!?", correct? Well, for starters, do you know what keywords your visitors are using to find your site? Also, is your niche too broad? Maybe you need to narrow it down into a more specific niche. Somehow, your offers on the sidebar don't exactly match your blog posts. And, you have nice reviews on your blog post, however, you don't have any related offers on them.

Good Luck!

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I am curious how much traffic do you get daily? In term of unique visitors. What's your traffic source?
    Only when you get decent traffic, there comes decent profit.

However, there is one more important thing. How do you promote your affiliation links on your blog? Affiliation programs do not work the same way as CPM or CPC ads. Don't expect just throw a few banners or links around and the money will roll in. You must write content specialized to promote certain products, and in the end you must call for action along with direct affiliation link to those products. Some most successful affiliates would even write one article for each product just to get the maximal effect.

P.S. I just checked your blog. You indeed made that mistake. You have Amazon banner on the side bar. It's not going to work. From an experienced Amazon affiliate, he said after some testing the banner ads only accounted for less than 5% of his total revenue. I have experienced the same. The Amazon banner ads never made a single sale for me. Most sales were made through text links within the content. (Hyperlink product names within your articles with affiliation links).

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Most new affiliate marketers make the same mistake as Vash notes.

If you want to make money as an affiliate marketer, you need to know who your readers are first, the stuff they like etc. Analyze your stats and us the information to your advantage. If most of your readers are women for example, then beauty products won't fail to entice them.

And please ensure that your affiliate links go within the body of your article. Spread them out to increase the chances of getting a click.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    The thing is that affiliate marketing isn't easy. We all hear about guys making thousands of dollars a week, but these people are few and far between. I saw a statistic once that basically said that only 10% (it may have been less) will succeed.And the large part of the reason for that is because people don't realize that it's hard work, although maybe it was easier a few years ago, but today there is so much more competition that there was. People are lied to all of the time about online marketing. They are basically told that it's easy, when in fact it's not. So I'm not surprised that you are having a tough time, because that's normal. If you are working as much as you would be at a full-time job then something is wrong, but if you're setting up a site and then just waiting for people to buy something, you'll be disappointed.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I had a look at your blog and I feel that all the ads in the sidebar and in your header are not a good fit for your content. Products from markethealth are not going to be selling that well. Believe me I used them and they are very poor at converting visitors into sales. Try to put amazon affiliate links at the begging of your posts and at the end. Try to put products that match your content in the posts. It will take some work to search on Amazon for a related product that fits each post you have but it's all worth it. See which pages are bringing in decent traffic and focus on the first 3-4 of them and target them a lot better. You could even put products (in your sidebar) that focus on these 3-4 posts that are getting the bulk of your traffic. This way you will surely make money in no time.I can't believe that you are doing this for months and still haven't made any sales.

Also you can put some Google Adsense ads right beneath the title of a post (this is were it will get the most clicks). Just place one of these bad boys on your main visited pages and you will get click on your first 1-3 days with the kind of traffic you are getting.

Don't give up! Just stay with it and start making changes and it will all work out!

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the info. I've learned more in this forum then I have ever about affiliate marketing because
    usually the experts keep all the info to themselves. They don't share and you have to try to figure it out
    for yourself.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    You need to understand that people are joining these programs everyday so be sure that they will not be easy to sell your products. It is just that the competition is too much that is the reason why you are not having any sales coming your way. I would say that you try other sites and see how they go about.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Hi all,

we have opened registration for https://CashbackAdverts.com

Our prelaunch phase will start in January 2018 and we expect to start operate in full power by the end Q3 2018

We will bring you 200% withdrawal limit and 100% referrals commission.

Only Europe continent is supported for now, if you will be active you can make some nice cash

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Affiliate marketing is when you get paid a commission for promoting services for other companies.The affilate is also known as the publisher ,Affiliate marketing is a performance-based marketing program, where an external partner is rewarded a commission for delivering a specific result to a merchant or advertiser.

Share on facebook