Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Do you have regular 'office hours'
    I know some of the reason to work from home can be flexibility. But I am wondering how you all look at your overall work time. Do you have pretty set hours that you try to work? If so, is your family supportive and helpful of this?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    While there is flexibility, one thing that the business owner has to consider is what works for the client. For instance, if a proprietor finds that most of their clients are on the East and they are on Pacific Standard Time (PST), it may be advantageous for them to start their day a few hours earlier than if they were going to a brick and mortar building.

Since the Internet allows commerce from all around the globe, time differences should factor into all aspects of business. Communication should be made early on as to what is expected from customer and seller.

So to answer your question directly, I have hours set somewhat. This includes time that clients or prospects can reach me by email or Skype. If there is a family obligation, I try to plan for the long run. For instance, I may do what I can for a client that is easy to get along with such as work longer hours to make a faster submission.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I do have a set time frame that I work in because I have to work within the schedule of other businesses that I utilize for payments and shipments, and my family is fairly supportive of this as they do not bother me too much during my working hours. It just gets difficult making them understand that I have work sometimes when they ask me to come with them to family outings because they kind of just assume that I can leave or take a break whenever I want, which is technically true, I have to admit, but I don't like doing it because the work tends to pile up when I mess with the set schedule.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I don't have a schedule or rather, don't need one. Currently I'm simply promoting my website and my goal is to post one article a day then post a few comments on other blogs to get some backlinks. Later, once I start getting decent traffic I can concentrate on working on my business eight hours a day like everyone else who has an office job.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I don't work regular office hours. Just come and go as I please. I find that a better way and less stressful way to get things done. If I feel like working at midnight I will, If I don't want to work one day I won't.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I have managed my time lately so I now keep my office hours straight in the morning. It makes me more productive that way and I really feel more relaxed in a way and not stressed. I suggest this to anyone working at home.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    My hours are flexible around my children and appointments etc. I do not keep regular office hours. However, I do have a pattern of hours I am usually working. A lot of my clients are from America and I am in the UK. If I am working between 9pm and 1am in the UK it is between 2-4pm and 6-8pm in the US. This give me a window of opportunity to communicate with clients via the Internet before I do work for them. I also work early afternoon when my youngest two children are having their nap. It is morning office hours in the US at the that time.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    LOL! No, I don't have any real set hours. Yes, I'm guaranteed to be there from 8-5, but I pretty much work from sun up to sun down. There's just too much to do.

Share on facebook

"The business of America is business."—Calvin Coolidge

9. Collapse Details
    Lately, I've been trying to get a schedule and I have become more productive.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    We have a set of schedule to follow, but our boss is so generous to allow us to be productive rather than watch the clock. We can come late or leave early provided we have completed our tasks for the day. And, I took the many break time to think about topics for my blogs and visit forums from time to time.
    At night, before bed time, I see to it that I stay online for another 2-3 hours. It is just good to be single and you can do these things.

Share on facebook

----
    I just started my own website and you can find it on http://www.ofwtips.com