Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Its been a struggle but I am getting a sense of regularity with my schedule and in turn, gain in productivity. My work is fairly diverse so there are times when I really am unable to keep a nine to five schedule. The main thing is to keep my work stuff out of the house and off the bed and leave it in my home office.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I think that is the biggest challenge with a home business. You tend to let your home life and business blend together. You need to find a good balance between the two to avoid burnout.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    For business owners like us, we don' actually have a regular business hour, it really depends upon the customers who are coming in and the ability to endure waiting and tiring out oneself.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I do have a certain schedule because it makes me feel more productive.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I have a regular job, but at the same time I'm running a few side projects. It can be daunting at times, but if you work on optimising time, it's easy to schedule things to make everything work.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I have a pretty solid schedule set up. After months of procrastinating and generally not getting anything done, I decided to handle my home business like I was in an actual office. I wake up at the same time everyday and actually get dressed properly. My productivity hasn't suffered since then.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I don't have a strict set of working hours when I'm working on my blogs. The schedule becomes more regular only when a client specifies it, like when I have to adjust to a certain time zone. On all other cases, I often work a few hours in the morning and in the afternoon as needed. I leave when I want to and I face the desk when work calls. Of course, when more results are needed, I'd have to double my working hours.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    If you have a home based business, then isn't half of the idea to NOT have regular hours? Mainly because some days there is a lot to do, while on other days it might be really quiet. Also depending on what type of business it is, sometimes you might need to work early in the morning or late at night to make it easier for customers.

It's also an advantage for you if you can plan to do things throughout the day. Especially if you have a family.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    My hours are all over the place, and I get distracted easily from hobbies and from people who always think I'm free to do something. The best scenario is to rent out an office and go there as if you would for a regular job. Sure it would cost extra, but likely the productivity that you would have would earn you much more anyways.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I used to live by the ticking of the bundy clock but now that I am running an offline business with a friend and an online shop, I no longer have a specific set of hours for my office duties but I've also noticed that I am spending more than 8 hours at work everyday. Where to start... in the morning, I am entertaining calls for landscaping services. By mid-day, I am off to various work sites to check on my landscapers' output, and in the afternoon, I am back in the office sorting out orders for pastry molds. Since my online clientele come from all over the world, sometimes, I have to follow their timezone. Doing so means I have to stay in front of the computer until my clients are awake. It's crazy, but it's fun and I get to dictate my own earnings.

I've had friends tell me that staying awake till the wee hours of the morning is unhealthy though, so I am trying to set a fixed work schedule for myself. I might set 7 AM to 7 PM as my new work schedule. Or not, haha!

Share on facebook