1. Collapse Details
    Ad network for Travel Site?
    I do have adsense account but I feel like adsense isn't the best way to use because I only get few clicks even when I got hundreds of hits everyday. This time, I wanna try other ad networks and hope for the best.

For a travel site, which ad network/affiliate program can you recommend?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I think Adsense is still the one with the highest paying potential out of all possible ad networks, but you are right, you'd have to get your site to rank very high for it to start bringing in substantial amounts. You might want to look into using Amazon. I think they offer ads on their products related to the site you put them on and then you'd get a commission for each sale. I don't know whether or not this would yield more or less than Adsense, but if you are wanting to find alternatives, this is probably a good one to try.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I actually have have tried Amazon back then and I didn't get any sale from the products shown in their snippets, they only display ebooks which I think not saleable.
    Because I have a travel blog and forum, I did sign under hotel booking affiliate but still not working, the affiliate network even disabled my account when I tried to contest my earnings from them after they emails about the conversions/leads don't turn out to be as it is as they said.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    My site ranks 0 on Google right now and I still pull in quite a decent amount of money. Not yet a livable income but I am getting close. I would recommend trying Adsense out if you can get approved.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Taru View Post
    I think Adsense is still the one with the highest paying potential out of all possible ad networks, but you are right, you'd have to get your site to rank very high for it to start bringing in substantial amounts. You might want to look into using Amazon. I think they offer ads on their products related to the site you put them on and then you'd get a commission for each sale. I don't know whether or not this would yield more or less than Adsense, but if you are wanting to find alternatives, this is probably a good one to try.
    Wrong.
    In term of payout, Yahoo/Bing ads served through media.net is comparable to Adsense. It's also a PPC ad network so it works just like Adsense. Some people reported higher earning from Yahoo/Bing ads than Adsense from the same web pages they have tested on.

Amongst CPM ad networks, the top dog TribalFusion pays average $2 per 1,000 impressions. That's more than you can earn from Adsense. And yes, you can find plenty of reports on how people tested with both programs, and TribalFusion comes out on the top with more earnings than Adsense for the same web pages.

Then there is direct ad space selling. From my own experience, the same ad spots can bring me at least 3~4x amount of revenue if when I sold these ad space through Buysellads rather than let Adsense running as primary ads on these spots. It is a common knowledge that you can always make more money from direct ad space selling than running a third party ad network.

Do not think about using Amazon association program unless you plan to optimize your site/content for it. Affiliation programs work quite different from other ads. You can't just throw around a few banners and hope the money will fly in. You must write content specifically for promoting some products for the vendor, and insert affiliation links within your content.

P.S. To OP, it is normal to get only a few clicks out of only a few hundreds visitors per day. If you want to raise the income, you need to work on getting more visitors. You need to aim at getting thousands unique visitors per day before you can expect decent income from your site.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Yahoo is actually a great alternative to Adsense, I know a few people using it and doing well.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Hi everybody,
    I have a travel website. I am successfully running this website in online. Up tow, I am providing best services to all our customers.
    Travels in Madurai | Madurai one day tour package

Share on facebook