Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    A waste of time and working with PayPal who I really have nothing nice to say for.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I wish they offered it in my country (Canada). It's such a pain in the butt having to wait for the money to be transferred to my bank. The average waiting time is about three days.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Glad to know Paypal has been nice to you; I have not been very lucky with them. Paypal hates me and while I still have a Paypal account, I only use it for some of the most trivial purchases I can think of. I don't think I'll subscribe to their debit card, the fees are just crazy for us low-income folk and if your account receives a certain amount of flags (initiated by shady customers or by Paypal's ridiculous fraud protection policy), you could lose your account and all the money that's in it. I sound so bitter, but I sell baking supplies online and have been screwed over by Paypal a couple of times.

Where to start... I was banned from Paypal once because the bank account linked with my Paypal account did not have enough funds to cover their exorbitant transaction costs. This happened a couple of times (my mistake, I know!); one day, I just received an email from them telling me they've decided to part ways with me. The process to withdrawing my money was hell. I can't imagine letting Paypal have access to my money for a long period of time.

Good on those who have a Paypal debit card; if Paypal fixed their policies, I would probably get one (but naturally, I might weigh costs again versus opening an online account with my bank). Recently, I've been looking at Charles Schwab checking accounts, which is an online banking alternative. They're quite well known for being an investment bank, but they do checking accounts as well. What I like about them is that they handle international transactions without charging the money sender and recipient any foreign transaction fees or ATM fees. The conversion rates are good too, unlike Paypal's. Unfortunately, you can't deposit any cash, everything has to be done by cheque.

Anyway, it's just an alternative. If you're in the same boat as I am about Paypal, I guess Charles Schwab might work for you.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I have heard that there are many issues with the PayPal card, like it looses money? I have never personally used one. I find it simpler just to have my earnings transfer from PayPal to my bank account.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I absolutely love having my PayPal account but I refuse to get their prepaid debit card. Why would I pay $4.95 to load money to my card from PayPal when I can just transfer my funds to my checking account for free? My bank doesn't charge me for loading my account from PayPal.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Why would you pay $4.95 per month just to use a debit card? Do you realize how ridiculously expensive that is? It's a debit card for christ's sake. Unless you are a business that primarily operates through paypal and would save a lot of money by not having to wait a couple business days for the bank transfer, it's best to avoid this debit card.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by yossup View Post
    Why would you pay $4.95 per month just to use a debit card? Do you realize how ridiculously expensive that is? It's a debit card for christ's sake. Unless you are a business that primarily operates through paypal and would save a lot of money by not having to wait a couple business days for the bank transfer, it's best to avoid this debit card.
    Smart words, avoid PayPal!

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I do not have a PayPal debit card yet but intend getting one soon. most of the work that i do online gets paid via PayPal and with the debit card it will be easier and a lot faster to access my funds. The monthly fee of $4.95 is very reasonable. Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I dont know if its worth paying all that money for a prepaid debit card, I dont see what the benefits are. Unless I suppose your running a large business and can't wait for pending withdrawals then it might be handy. I would have though you can get pre paid debit cards for free in other places. Does the card have any other benefits besides the ones you mentioned? It sounds like its a lot better than greendot from what this other poster is writing. Maybe if I was using Paypal a lot more i would consider one, but Im not happy with paypal for asking a million difficult questions when they limit my account.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    The Paypal business debit card is not having any direct bill pay feature. There are having several benefits to link your to a particular account. This will increase the amount of money you can receive and withdraw from a Paypal account. You can add more then one card to your Paypal account.

Share on facebook