Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Are Classifieds Ads a Good Advertising Technique Still?
    I must admit that the bigger influence in my life when it comes to doing business is my father, who is a media man. I learned from him about the effectiveness of classified ads in the print media and used newspapers and magazines to advertise my first ever sales projects.

However online classifieds work in similar way that its offline counterpart, with the advantage to reach a larger target audience that seems appealing to anyone seeking for good conversations.

Mixing online and offline advertising techniques, classifieds were my main advertising method for years, but today I feel this type of promotion is losing effectiveness, perhaps because the offer is saturated and the demand has decreased. Not sure about this.

So what do you think of this? Are classified ads services dead? Is there any promotional potential behind them or people have moved away from them?

Share on facebook

​__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__

2. Collapse Details
    I would say back in around 2006 or 2007 I used classified ad sites all the time to promote my websites, and it worked incredibly well! However, as time went on it became less and less effective. Now it's a the point where I really don't see a point in using them. I might get one or two visitors to my site, but that's not worth the trouble to me.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I wouldn't consider it dead, but it has certainly slowed down a bit since sites have started to put up their own marketplaces. It probably has just plateaued and understandably so, as it's just the nature of everything, given enough time. It's unfortunate, but I think it's alright as it's still very much useful as a secondary source of advertising, unlike before when I imagine people were able to profit off of it using it as their primary means.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    You'd be amazed by how many people actually read classified ads. The numbers may have reduced a little but consider the fact that you lose nothing when you place an ad on craiglist, gumtree and most of the other free ad sites. The great thing about such ads is that if someone sees your ad and visits your site or store, they are genuinely interested in what you have to offer.

The effectiveness of a classified ad depends entirely on how you present it. Use a catchy title, include a cool photo of what you're selling and only enough information to pique interest. Try that and see if the ads won't be effective.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I have also found that classified ads are not as effective as what it use to be 5 to 8 years ago. With classified ads it currently depends on the type of product or service that you provide. For some products or services classified ads are still a great option. The best way to go about things would be to still use classified ads as part of your marketing strategy but to focus more attention on alternative options.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Local classified ads works best because you get to have specific target audience unlike selling things worldwide. Its still a good advertising technique, infact I am selling digital product targeted for people everywhere in the world but the first client i got is just nearby my city and it started when I advertised my site in a local classified ad site.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I believe it's what is offered in the classified ad as well as the current demand. Right now, my small business is in a transitional phase but not long ago, I benefited greatly from the ads.

Long before becoming a marketing major, I created ads that were visual and got to the point right away. For instance, when I needed writers for my newsletter, I placed a link to my blog so they could get an idea of the tone as well as payment options (PayPal or check). Any questions that were not answered in the ad could contact me directly.

I ran these ads for a few weeks and it helped me grow my audience long before I was aware of things like keyword density, social media, and using an auto-responder.

Today, I use online classified ads to shop for a car. Immediately, I filter my search for images, the maximum I am willing to spend, and the earliest year. This saves time when it comes to the buying process. So, when it comes to ads I may place, I try to think like the customer.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Classified Ads is not dead and to me personally, it is still as good as advertising technique. It may not reach a wider scale of audience, but it is a good platform for new and smaller companies to advertise their services. Also, despite the popularity of online advertisement, classified ads remains on broadsheets, magazines and other printed materials but has evolved in a much different way to be a little more competitive than the usual.

Share on facebook

----
    I just started my own website and you can find it on http://www.ofwtips.com

9. Collapse Details
    It depends on the niche. Take for example sublets and employment. These do very well in classified ads these days but you won't find much success from other niches.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by yossup View Post
    It depends on the niche. Take for example sublets and employment. These do very well in classified ads these days but you won't find much success from other niches.
    Indeed it all depends on the niche my friend. So many people are looking for jobs these days that you can easily take advantage of the employment section on craigslist to help your IM strategies. Niches like electronics and such that don't do well on craigslist on the other hand, won't be helpful. Think, think, think!

Share on facebook