Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Sponsoring Events?
    This question is for the forum members who own small local businesses.

Have you ever thought about sponsoring local events? Such as YMCA, and Recreation center league sports events? Events where majority of the community comes out, and participates.

I was thinking about this the other night, and i thought that it would be a good way to promote your business locally, and build up a good reputation in the community.

Has anyone ever done something like this? If so. How much did it cost you? And how successful was it?

Share on facebook

I Need Money!

2. Collapse Details
    I've never tried sponsoring an event but a company I worked for sponsored a sporting event once. They spent a small fortune.

Granted you'll succeed in building brand loyalty in your town if people participate, the cost may be quite high but not quite as high as other forms of advertising like TV commercials. So when deciding whether or not to sponsor an event, you'll have to decide whether it's worth the cost before diving in because to be honest, there's no guarantee that sponsoring an event once will make people like you or your business. You'd need to do it yearly to gain their loyalty.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I sponsored an event at a school in my community once, and it was alright. I did get some recognition as I was expecting since I live in a small town and it's relatively easy to get known a fair amount. I spent around $400 for the advertisement, and I more or less got my return on investment for that marketing budget in around 2 months and continued profiting off of it in the succeeding months as well, and it's probably even indirectly benefiting my business now in some ways, so I'd say it was worth it. I eventually decided not to repeat it anymore though, since I only did it to experiment in the first place, and I'm a bit more partial to online advertisements now.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I haven't personaly done this, but one good idea is to do some sort of an event where you can hand out t-shirts with your business name on them. Everyone likes a t-shirt and many of them will not throw them out anytime soon, so whenever they throw on the shirt they'll be advertising for you. You can make shirts for pretty cheap nowadays too.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    When you reach a higher level of business, you can sponsor different events and it's also recommended.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I only know that a lot of people have sponsored many events and they've increased their popularity a lot.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I haven't personally sponsored any events but my friend that's in with Thirty One has done some sponsoring. She's done quite well and has brought in even more people to her Thirty One business.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Never tried yet. sorry

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by AB9100 View Post
    This question is for the forum members who own small local businesses.

Have you ever thought about sponsoring local events? Such as YMCA, and Recreation center league sports events? Events where majority of the community comes out, and participates.

I was thinking about this the other night, and i thought that it would be a good way to promote your business locally, and build up a good reputation in the community.

Has anyone ever done something like this? If so. How much did it cost you? And how successful was it?
    Hello AB9100,

Sponsoring sports events or communities is a good idea to promote your local business. A friend of mine followed this strategy and he got some very good results. Speaking from his experience i can say that it will help you a lot. You can also use some giveaways or prizes for participant to promote your brand. As far as costing is concerned, it depends on type of event you are sponsoring. I would suggest you to start sponsoring with some local college sports events. It will be a great start to your local business promotion.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    This will depend on the sponsorship levels set by the organizers of the event. Sponsorship can range anywhere from $500 to $100,000 depending on the event. There is also in-kind sponsorship where no money is exchanged, instead it is an exchange of goods, service or a discount.

Share on facebook