Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    If start up money was not an issue, what business would you start?
    If you had say, $15,000 in start up funds, what type of business would you start. I'm interested in what businesses you think could be profitable in today's economy. Also, it would be fun to know if you have a dream business that you've always wanted but couldn't afford to launch? This is the thread to discuss your dreams. Let's be creative.

For me, I think I would like to start a temp service to match workers with businesses that need temporary help. I think it would turn a profit in today's market and be a blast to run. I like the idea of selecting the right person for the right business. Probably, if I could go back in time I would study human resources at college and look into starting this type of business.

What's your dream business?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I guess I'm running my dream business-- it's an online baking supplies shop. Basically, I'm just a third party affiliate and people purchase their needs through me, I send the ticket over to the drop shipper who does the deliveries. The challenging part is getting the customers but the whole logistics portion is easy. I've got tons of help from my business partner too so things are easier. Offline, I run a landscape gardening business with another friend.

If I could invest 15 grand on something though, I would invest it in a tech start-up. Probably design an app. Mobile is the way to go and apps are raking in so much. I would release a legal advice app, where people who need legal advise can get theirs with a click of a button. It would be a lot like Quora but for attorneys. I have not really thought about the whole process though, but this has been playing around in my head.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Mine would be to start importing computer parts. It is a lucrative business as you will be bringing new technology to people close to you. If you are in a market where you are the only one, then the benefits are a lot. I think it all depends on the passion that you have. Capitalize on it and make money.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Very interesting, Harpy. It's good to know some people are already chasing their dreams. I hope your baking supply business is a complete success! I've thought of taking up baking but it's a little daunting for a beginner. Hmm, mobile apps are the thing? I can see how a legal advice app could be quite successful. Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Hey Mike, I guess you can't go wrong with computer parts, huh? Good idea. I know a lot of people put together their own custom systems, but I'm not techie enough for that, lol! I do have a mixed computer right now with a mac processor, gateway monitor and windows keyboard. I need a laptop or tablet next time I invest in a computer - it would be good not to be tethered to my desk, ha,ha!

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    MY dream business is restaurant business If I had a lot of money i used to open a restaurant. But if my money is not so much i have a plane to open a website hosting service.

Share on facebook

hosteasier my site.

7. Collapse Details
    Me??? Hmm, lemme see, i think i will run a bookstore as well as a small restaurant or baking shop. In my baking corner, ppl can had a relaxing time with all type of books and cupcakes, waffles, macaron or anything they like. Besides, we will offer breakfast, lunch and dinner. They can choose the ingredients to put in or baking themselves. I want to share my cooking with everyone have the same hobby as me

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Well, In my view, if you have a sufficient money and want to earn a huge money, then I would like you to recommend online business such as eCommerce. It is the best one among all the other business and most of the folks are now approaching for same. You just need to take an assist from a reputed eCommerce platform and start your business in a very efficient manner.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Actually $15K is not a lot. If money is not an issue, I would still be running a software company but with a focus on Artificial Intelligence (AI) research.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    If I have that all source then I purchase a business from market that give me lot of pofit in which minimum risk of failure.

Share on facebook