Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Has anyone tried offline advertising?
    There's so much focus on online advertising that sometimes we forget the very basic of basics advertising: offline advertising. I think people hooked online most of the time forget that like it or not, most of the world revolves around life outside. There are actually a ton of people who lead active, outdoor lives and offline advertising is such an easy way to get free traffic. Just posting on message boards on a college campus gets you so much traffic it's quite ridiculous. Try it!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Just posting on message boards on a college campus gets you so much traffic it's quite ridiculous.
    There sure are many ways people could promote their websites offline. Supposing you printed some bumper sticker sized notes detailing stuff about your website and leave them where someone would find them, could it be helpful or turn away potential site visitors from coming to your site ever?

I've heard of people who print bookmarks and leave them in as many library books as they can and hope for the best. I think I'll give something like that a shot and see if that promotion method works.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I like the bookmark idea, but if you're not "assaulting" your local public library, it's probably a slow method. However, for a type of business where you're looking for few, long-term, frequent customers, it might not be a bad idea. You can also leave them in books related to the area of your business, for better targeting.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    It depends on what kind of business you have have.

If you have an online business offline advertising should be very low on your priority list. Simply because there are too many avenues for you to promote online to waste your time handing out flyers. You could post your advertisement on 100 forums in the same amount of time. You would reach much more people.

If your business is offline. You should spend equal time with both. Simply because it is relevant to both arenas.

Share on facebook

I Need Money!

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Railan View Post
    I like the bookmark idea, but if you're not "assaulting" your local public library, it's probably a slow method. However, for a type of business where you're looking for few, long-term, frequent customers, it might not be a bad idea. You can also leave them in books related to the area of your business, for better targeting.
    This last part is something a lot of people forget to consider.

The bookmark option would be GREAT for a website that might share book reviews, for example. Or placing them in very specific books (like a scrapbooking website might work well in scrapbooking books).

It would be pointless (and quite rude) to spam the library with insurance bookmarks, though.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Sometimes trade or industry magazines can provide offline leads as well as related organizations. This also makes it easy to build up a mailing list so that you are more likely to hit target. Sometimes by contributing an article or other barter arrangement, this can take the place of placing an ad or leaving marketing materials to chance.

Another outlet to consider are local networking events as they are not too long and you may meet someone who may become a great alliance.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Offline advertising is too expensive as compared to online advertising. I have seen how companies allocate a large amount of money when it comes to advertising offline than when advertising online. People are opting for online advertising since it is so much easier.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    There is so many ways you can advertise your business offline like handing off some business cards, putting up flyers or brochures, put some stickers on your car, ask a restaurant or some other business if you can leave catalogs that is if your selling stuff, put your business in the newspaper. There is a lot of ways that i can name off and that i use myself and i do agree with you i have a lot of my team leaders are always wondering why am i not making any sales from this it's because you online use online advertising time to get off your butt and start promoting your business in other ways.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I use office stationary and also tried averts in newspapers. They seem to go well even in this era. I have also seen people arrange seminars, workshops and do brisk business. I would agree that though most of these can be applicable for almost any business (like the office stationary - business cards, letter heads) there are some which are confined to only select niches and not for all.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Yes. I've tried selling to family and friends and all the advertisement, it works well for some who prefer personal referrals.

Share on facebook