Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Offline advertising
    Lately I have been considering offline marketing. I have heard of many people using flyers, business cards and so on. I was wondering if anyone else does offline marketing. And if so what methods do you use? and what methods have worked best for you? Also which methods are the most inexpensive?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Offline marketing is generally best, in my opinion, for local businesses. If you're running a global business, then you want global marketing.

A coffee shop or internet cafe, for example, would do minimal online marketing, since most of their business will be produced locally. They would still do some online marketing, though, such as social media sites that cater to the local populace. Facebook, for example, is often a location-based social site. Many friends of many people in an area will also be from that area.

If you're looking at offline marketing for a local business, then the flyers and business cards you mentioned are great ways to go about it. They're rather cheap and still fairly effective, though they cater mainly to the curious that are willing to spend some time looking around. Many people are entirely too busy, or could care less about something on a wall. After all, how could it possibly have anything to do with them? Sometimes you need something that... grabs their attention. A booth in a busy area with attractive posters and a colorful setup is difficult to ignore if you're walking by it. I would attempt to give you some specific ideas, but you haven't mentioned your business.

Other offline advertising might be in support of a group of some sort, such as a school activity, or a contest hosting. I'm sure you've seen those banners inside a local stadium. Even little league teams need funding, and in return for that funding your business can put one of those banners inside the stadium/field there for all to see. The price would depend on the school of course, and the population. The more businesses around, the higher the cost would be of doing that since there're likely others in line for that advertising space.

The best methods for offline marketing aren't going to be the best for every business, as it depends on what type of business you have. If you're inclined to be more specific and have found this post helpful, you're welcome to enlighten us as to what your business is exactly, and I'll be happy to provide more methods for you.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    You can try to use T-shirts as walking billboards as they are much inexpensive as compared to the conventional billboards which are really expensive if you consider the amount of money you will be investing in advertising.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I love offline marketing. It's one of the types of marketing that's too underrated in my opinion. This is a good thing for you (and me) in that we have less competition. Too many people only focus on the online world when they forget that most of life actually happens outdoors. Offline marketing is so easy and doesn't take much time either.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Tarpaulins are a really great deal for people because it attracts the attention of most specially when yours is big colorful and presentable. You may also use cardboards and art to present what you are selling.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    It really depends on what you are marketing. Flyers and all of that sort of advertising unfortunatey get tossed in the trash, without the recipient even giving it a glance most of the time. If you are offering services to local businesses you may be better off just visiting them in person, because for all you know you may send them a flyer and they may not ever read it and you lost a potential customer because they had no idea what you're offering. If you visit them face to face (if you're offering this type of service) then you can leave them with a flyer or business card so they can get ahold of you.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I do have nice business cards but that's pretty much all I use in terms of offline marketing. I don't really trust flyers very much as they seem to me like just a wasted expense because people usually just ignore them. I think investing in a nice business card is a good move, though, because if your card is memorable enough, then chances are the people you are selling to will remember you when the time comes that they need your product or service. I've already gotten a couple of clients just by my card alone, which I find to be very interesting that it still works in this digital age.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Yes, it's a good idea to advertise your business both online and offline. Some popular methods include flyers, paper and radio ads, billboards, signs or logos printed on t-shirts, matches etc. For starters I think it's a good idea to calculate how much you want to spend on advertising and then compile a list of cheap advertising methods that you'll focus on. What methods are available depends on your area and business type.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Offline advertising l think only works best with certain businesses so for example if you have a website that is about SEO then online advertising will work better than offline and if you have a pet cleaning business then you will want to attract the people in your local area which is where offline advertising comes in. Business cards and flyers can be done so cheaply now from online businesses so it's always worth looking into.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I think that even if you are after a global market that doesn't mean that you can't focus on a local area like the city you live in or your country. Flyers and business cards are ok but not even close to being sufficient. Buying banner ads or ads that show up on billboards can be very effective especially when these ads are in areas with lots of traffic. Focus on regions like markets, schools, stadiums, parks, hotels, malls, etc. You can also pay to place some ads on apartment buildings that are also in very good locations. Organizing enticing contests that offer money and other prizes like vacations, electronic items and such will always get people interested. You can also go from store to store and offer them a monthly rate for putting up an ad for your business. You could donate PC's and other appliances to schools in exchange for the right to do a little advertising in their buildings.

Share on facebook