Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    How to go about link exchanges with popular sites?
    What are some practices you have used in the past and still use to get those ever valuable links on popular sites in your niche?

Share on facebook

I make decent money on Cash Crate and pay for a number of things using gift cards I get on InstaGC. Feel free to check out my work online blog.

2. Collapse Details
    How to go about link exchanges with popular sites?
    Link exchange is very important to increasing traffic. You use link by forum posting or send request by owner of website's administrator. Suppose you write a keyword like Gov Savings and insert link. When any one open this page, this website get one visitor.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Inbound links from other sites are especially valuable, so you could contact the authority site's administrator and offer to write a guest article that gives their readers a fresh perspective on a relevant issue, describes a real-life case study, or showcases an emerging trend, for example. Whatever you write, make sure it adds real value to the other website, and isn't just a rehash of an article you took from somewhere. Google is reportedly cracking down on 'junk' guest articles and blog posts, but I do hear that good quality, original material is still regarded positively.

Obviously, you need to ensure that you can add a brief blurb about your own site, with one or more links, and a mention of who you are, as appropriate. Just don't be blatantly salesy - the aim here is to establish your website (and yourself) as trustworthy, and encourage readers to click on the link.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    i have a website. i want to do link exchange with some webmasters.

Share on facebook

Ryan Jolie sells top quality activated charcoal beauty products and 100% natural teeth whitening kits.

5. Collapse Details
    You need to find some websites that seem appropriate to the niche of your site. Use the "contact us" link that will most likely be around somewhere on the website. You can usually find this link either in the navigation bar, or at the very bottom of the site. If it's at the bottom it'll usually be a small link so you will need to look carefully. Take the time to write a short but detailed explanation on why you believe a link exchange would benefit both sites, and then send and patiently await a reply. If you don't get a reply in 7 working days then consider sending one more email.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I am not too familiar with this link exchange thing, though I have heard of it.
    In my mind, I am thinking that link exchange is when other similar sites will allow you to add your link from their site. I guess I am wondering if there are some business owners that will be afraid that this will send people to other websites and take away from their visits. I am not totally sure about it but I read somewhere online that if people will help you like this, that it is good for being noticed on the search engines.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Here is what works right now...

Create a page on your site that is a resource page. But call it a HELP page, or something similar. Add value by categorizing sites that your readers, etc would be interested in. Write a blurb for each one.

Afterwards, go to a place that people in your industry hang out, like a forum or something. I did this very successfully with LinkedIN groups. Anyways, so to those groups and state that you are creating a list of resources for your readers for people who are interested in [your market]. And that you want to know if you missed any. Ask people to leave their comments on the site and that you will approve the comments.

People (leaders) in your industry may come in droves (depending on the industry). And gurus may come out of the woodwork to post their recommended sites on your blog comments section.

Now here's the thing, when they leave a comment on your blog they usually must also leave an email address. A few weeks later follow up with those people and let them know that you link to them and ask for a link back. This means you have not only created value for your readers, but also successfully gathered links that may have been difficult otherwise.

Some examples:
    Excel Resource Page - 50+ comments from many of the gurus in this space.
    Small Business Resource Page I am just starting - leave a comment if you want to discuss adding your NON-Internet Marketing site

I have plenty more to say on this subject, but don't want to take over the thread.

Good luck
    Rick

Share on facebook

Last edited by RickGrantham; 01-23-2014 at 12:33 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by RickGrantham View Post
    Here is what works right now...

Create a page on your site that is a resource page. But call it a HELP page, or something similar. Add value by categorizing sites that your readers, etc would be interested in. Write a blurb for each one.

Afterwards, go to a place that people in your industry hang out, like a forum or something. I did this very successfully with LinkedIN groups. Anyways, so to those groups and state that you are creating a list of resources for your readers for people who are interested in [your market]. And that you want to know if you missed any. Ask people to leave their comments on the site and that you will approve the comments.

People (leaders) in your industry may come in droves (depending on the industry). And gurus may come out of the woodwork to post their recommended sites on your blog comments section.

Now here's the thing, when they leave a comment on your blog they usually must also leave an email address. A few weeks later follow up with those people and let them know that you link to them and ask for a link back. This means you have not only created value for your readers, but also successfully gathered links that may have been difficult otherwise.

Some examples:
    Excel Resource Page - 50+ comments from many of the gurus in this space.
    Small Business Resource Page I am just starting - leave a comment if you want to discuss adding your NON-Internet Marketing site

I have plenty more to say on this subject, but don't want to take over the thread.

Good luck
    Rick
    Thanks for the info! I have found that many hugely popular sites with a high page rank in your niche have discontinued link exchanges. Some asked if I wanted to buy one, but mostly for a ridiculous fee.

Share on facebook

I make decent money on Cash Crate and pay for a number of things using gift cards I get on InstaGC. Feel free to check out my work online blog.

9. Collapse Details
    Whatever you do, just don't buy generic links from someone. Make sure whatever content your link it is, that it's relevant and valuable information. Google is getting really good at catching people for building private link networks. Pretty sure a few big sites (including a rap site i forget the name of) have lost major google ranking because of their use of guest blogging. So just be wary and try to do as much organically as possible.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I have found that the link exchanges are valuable at times. However, with Google constantly making changes to what they are doing on the search engine results I found it is nearly impossible to use these properly. Before Google did some of their updates I did have good luck with the exchanges and managed to get quite a bit of traffic from my exchanges.

Share on facebook