1. Collapse Details
    Sold my vending machines
    My husband and I had grand plans when we bought some vending machines two years ago. We put the 4 we bought out on location and from there everything went downhill. Our machines got broken into in what seemed every week. One week we lost out on everything we put in it plus money that was in it. We decided that we've spent more money fixing and repairing machines than actual money made. We sold the machines. We went through a tough time with the IRS because of us selling the machines before the quarter was up. They tried charging taxes on machines and inventory we didn't have.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I'm sorry to hear that, that seems like a terrible situation to be in, especially due to crime.
    Could you have moved the machines to a more busy location? Maybe somewhere with constant supervision? Where I work the machines are right across from the building's security guard's desk.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience. With vending machines the location that you place them at is a big factor in the possible success or failure of your vending business. Security concerns, number of potential customers, number of potential high turnover hours daily and much more will be dependent on the location used. Most people think that owning and operating vending machines is easy money. In reality it can turn-out to be a costly experience.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Wow, that's crazy! Sorry to hear it didn't go that well. How did things go with the IRS, did you end up having to pay the taxes or no? I don't think that would be fair at all if they made you pay the taxes still!

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    My friend had the same problem with people stealing. He also said they were always breaking. He had to invest a lot of time, and money with little to no reward. Consider it a lesson learned

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I don't think they can charge you for things you do not possess at the moment, I think they should not harass you and try to get a lawyer if it comes to that.

Share on facebook