Thread: facebook ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    facebook ads
    Has anyone tried to use facebook ads for their business? I've heard many people not doing so well over on facebook b/c most of the people on facebook aren't really on the site to look or buy for something. Do you guys think it's better to just advertise over on google?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Aside from that, people on Facebook think the ads are only for 'Liking'. I've done well with using FB Ads in the past to get 'Likes' from real people, but when I tried to utilize keywords and ad text that took on a more aggressive marketing approach, my ads were not well received. Facebook Ads are good for making people aware of your product but the response I've received with regards to making sales or conversion were so poor. I could be doing something wrong though, but from my experience, a lot of people ignore ads on the sidebar. When a Facebook user is so engrossed in liking and browsing through other people's photos, I don't think they would be interested in jumping off to a commercial Facebook page or an external website.

On the other hand, the products I am selling are not intended for teens, 20s- or 30-somethings and unfortunately, Facebook is comprised with users from these age brackets. If only more older people utilized Facebook for their shopping needs, I could be making a killing with FB ads alone.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Facebook ads are very bad, since nobody clicks on them and almost everybody has AdBlock. I'd recommend you to create a FB page instead.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    l thought about using Facebook ads in the past but l saw from other people's response that people did not really like them, l would suggest trying to advertise in places that are relevant to your product because at least that way people will already have an interest in the item you are selling. Google is always the popular choice but if Google was that good then everyone would be rich so it's wise to do your research first.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I have considered using Facebook ads but so far I haven't gone with it. Not a fan of Facebook and I think I could do better someplace else.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    facebook is a difficult beast. First, even getting approved by facebook is difficult enough. Then you have to make sure you aren't breaking any of their very stringent TOS in order to not get banned. It's super easy to get banned on facebook and their dispute process is laughable. Then finally, you have to remember that the facebook audience is a markedly different audience from those on other websites so you need to cater your ads accordingly.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Facebook adverts are much expensive when it comes to being served to the right audience. They take the money and start putting up adverts to anyone anywhere. That definitely makes not much sense and worth the investment. Now, if you are willing to invest this amount, I would suggest - finding organizations and sites which get you likes and followers. In my opinion this would be a better and wiser investment as compared to buying adverts on Facebook - as the returns are somewhat (or much) better - at least you end up with more likes and followers

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    In my opinion if you want to sell people through Facebook ads you will fail miserably. You can use FB ads to raise brand awareness and get a lot of likes which are pretty good at raising your authority and rankings in the search engines. You could also use this ads in order to get people to sign up for an email list by giving them something useful for free. You can't sell directly to them using this social media medium. You have to filter out the people that are actually interested in what you have to offer and get them in a buying mood. Most people that dwell on Facebook are not in a buying mood. They want to play games and socialize and generally hate ads. But if you tell them you will give them something for free some of them will click your ad and you can gather some emails and get some likes.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Didi View Post
    Facebook ads are very bad, since nobody clicks on them and almost everybody has AdBlock. I'd recommend you to create a FB page instead.
    I do not think that Facebook Ads are bad, if it is bad Facebook never earn millions of dollar from it.
    I never use the PPC on the Facebook but I really want my Ads on the Facebook.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Facebook is really good for people who use them for free and paid, they are effective in reaching out people accurately. You may choose to try it for yourself.

Share on facebook