Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Is anyone still buying and selling from home using Ebay and Amazon?
    At one point everyone was buying and selling from home using either Ebay or Amazon but l think things have calmed down now and it's only the big guns that are still making money on these two websites so l was wondering if there still is any little guys left that's making money and would it be worth a go?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Yes, very profitable if done right and combined with Craigslist.

Share on facebook

Author of CRAIGSLIST GOLDMINE: HOW TO MAKE $2,000 A MONTH IN YOUR SPARE TIME BUYING AND SELLING ON THE POPULAR CLASSIFIEDS SITE

3. Collapse Details
    I still sell on Ebay, but never sold on Amazon. I have to admit it really annoys me to see a 13.5% share of my profits going to Ebay and Paypal every month.

Some months ebay profits more from my business than I do myself, but unfortunately that's the only way I can reach my target audience.

I have to say I buy most of my products online, either from ebay and amazon, and also use international suppliers which I contact with online only to buy stock for my business.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I do see quite a bit of people of Facebook doing the DS domination stuff and they are getting things and re-selling them on both eBay and Amazon.

I will sometimes sell a couple of things on either platform, but it's stuff that I no longer need or that was given to me that I will never use. I would be lucky if I said I made $250 a year on this type of venture.

At this point in time, I really haven't researched doing it as a full-time venture.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I do sell on both sites, but neither are big movers of product. Basically we dump surplus equipment there so that it brings a little cash rather sitting in a storage room. That and sometimes I'll sell books on Amazon.

Share on facebook

"The business of America is business."—Calvin Coolidge

6. Collapse Details
    Sometimes I spend the weekend running through garage sales buying anything that looks very under-priced, just so I can flip them on eBay, I've yet to miss turning a profit doing this.
    I don't do it every week though, as it takes up a fair amount of time, you lose the weekend and a good amount of time during the week handling the sales.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    It may have calmed down a little bit but there are some people out there who still depend on ebay just like before. I never used to do it much but my friends go to ebay daily. I think if it's done properly then it can be really beneficial. One has to act wisely, that's it! Keep an eye on what others are doing, where the flow is going...

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I haven't the need for it but I am rapidly reaching the point that its something that I have to consider doing. I am looking for as much info as I can get so that I am knowledgeable when it comes time for me to make the move.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    EBay can be a great place to sell something as long as the 10% fee doesn't wipe out your profit margin. I tend to sell there if what I'm selling is rare enough that I can't find a large enough audience for it on Craigslist, where there is no fee. Amazon is okay for selling onesies of newer books, movies, and CDs. That's the only time I sell there.

Share on facebook

Author of CRAIGSLIST GOLDMINE: HOW TO MAKE $2,000 A MONTH IN YOUR SPARE TIME BUYING AND SELLING ON THE POPULAR CLASSIFIEDS SITE

10. Collapse Details
    I used to make a bit from Ebay, using the advanced search feature to target goods that had been under priced, and then using it again to check the average selling price over the last week or so. Looked for a minimum of 25% profit after fees. Worked best on console games and bundles of blu ray movies - bundles especially. People usually just wanted them out the house and didn't take the trouble to price them properly. I bought and then sold individually, and sometimes made the money back on 2 items when I'd bought a bundle of 5 - the rest were profit. Trouble is now some real tech savvy guys and girls have scripts to hunt out the bargains and it is slim pickings for the rest of us.

Share on facebook