Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Paypal Business Account limited?
    A few days my Paypal business account was limited. I would like some information from anyone who has experience with this.

Paypal limited my account a 4 days ago requesting that i sen d them a photo I.D. and proof of address. I sent them the information on the same day. The problem is, it has now been 3 days. I have yet to receive any response from them. I need my account back immediately.

Does anyone know how long this process takes? Any advice would be appreciated.

Share on facebook

I Need Money!

2. Collapse Details
    I will redirect you to a PayPal forum which can help you out :

http://www.paypalsucks.com/newforums/

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by AB9100 View Post
    A few days my Paypal business account was limited. I would like some information from anyone who has experience with this.

Paypal limited my account a 4 days ago requesting that i sen d them a photo I.D. and proof of address. I sent them the information on the same day. The problem is, it has now been 3 days. I have yet to receive any response from them. I need my account back immediately.

Does anyone know how long this process takes? Any advice would be appreciated.
    This happened with me too. My account was suspended and limited due to change in some of the Rules and Guidelines at Paypal. The entire process of getting back as a verified account took me 6 days but I had to keep sending them messages. For the first 3 days nothing happened. So on 4th day I started sending out chaser messages to their support and luckily my account got working again on the 6th day.

As it is already 3 days, I think you should send them a chaser email and dont forget to quote their Unique request Id as without this code, they will never ever care. This code should be on the email that you might have recieved from them when you raised your issue.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    PayPal will limit your account when they see transactions that they deem to be suspicious. This will normally happen when your account has been inactive for a while and it suddenly starts to receive funds or if the funds you receive suddenly increase. They will request proof of ownership and might ask you some questions with regard to the transactions under review. The process does take a bit of time and the quicker you send all of the required information, the quicker your account will be unblocked. Good Luck!

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Give it a week or so. It can take a little time to review your information, verify that the documents are legit/valid etc.

If you are not patient then I would suggest contacting their customer service reps directly. I believe the answer you'll get is that the verification process is in progress but at least that will assure you that they're working on getting lifting those limits.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    It could also be spam. Sometimes, I get emails from PayPal that look legitimate but often there is no reason for them to suspend or limit my account. My suggestion is to contact them directly as opposed to clicking a link in the email and explain what happened.

If this is a spammer, you will most likely be asked to forward the email to spoof@paypal.com. From there, you will get confirmation of receipt and if there is a real problem, they will work with you to resolve it.

I've had an account with them since 2005 and there is little that can go wrong. Clients who didn't want to pay used to give me a line saying that PayPal placed a limit on their account. Either the money is there or it isn't! If a person has a hard time balancing their accounts, then maybe they need not be in business, IMO.

Share on facebook

Last edited by jswindell; 04-04-2014 at 02:26 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    I would suggest calling PayPal and talking to them over sending emails back and forth. I've not had a business account with them but I have a personal account that they have limited on me many times for no reason.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    When the same happened to me, it took over a week to get fixed after the specified information was provided. They are terribly slow on these things and since they are not a real bank, there's less you can do about it.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    You have to be careful with the emails with spammers out there. If you need help call paypal directly. I just started doing some freelance work and had to work with them because I have a montly spend limit. They are just very active with their security

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I don't have a business account but I have a personal account and I received 247 pounds and then suddenly paypal limited my account and requested I send ID like you which I did and then they said it was not enough. They wanted me to upgrade to business account which I did and then they wanted 11 more things and request info of transactions and delivery records for products, but I was only receiving money for services. I could not get my head around it and eventually I just decided to open another account and request the money again after sending refund to the people. Its a nightmare.

Share on facebook