Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    What's the BEST way to save?
    I'm looking for another way to save because obviously, the savings account option isn't working for me. I need something that I can put money in and have no free will access to. Is there such a thing available?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Most banks offer types of savings account with a time limit. For example, you deposit X amount into the account for a fixed time, usually 6 months, 1 year or two years. The interest rate is a big higher than on regular savings accounts, but often you cannot add funds during the saving time. Also keep in mind that it is very hard to get the money back before the account expires, even if you really need it.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Banks usually offer a type of savings account where you cant withdraw or can only do it once or if you do the interest rate goes down. They offer higher interest rates, though still pretty low, and you can take advantage of these. They have investment cash ISAs where your saving go into the ftse 100 and you get a better return, though of course shares can go down as well as up. Just enquire at your local bank, Im sure they will be more than willing to help and get your custom.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I have been horrible with money my whole life. I have recently found that using a water bottle to hold my change in is very helpful. This is because I have to cut it open before I can get any money out of it. Sometimes, simple is better.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    You just need to find a startup and invest in it if you have a lot of money to invest in. It is the only way that you can get the money saved and doing something for you on the other side. If it is a good investment then the money will grow multiple times.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I think cooperatives have that option. It's called a fixed deposit account, you can save money on it and it will grow unless you terminate your membership. You could borrow loans and stuff but you can't touch your fixed deposit.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Or for banks you could just save your money by putting your money into time deposit for 1 year or more as long as you please, in this way you cannot touch your money and at the same time it will grow.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    open a brokerage account

Share on facebook

Last edited by Michael Thompson; 05-27-2014 at 10:48 AM.

9. Collapse Details
    Sometimes the best way to save your marriage might not be the best way to save someone else's. If you're looking for advice to get your husband or wife back, chances are you've come across some tips that you know would never work for you. It can be hard to sift through all of the advice out there and know which is the best.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetkymom View Post
    I'm looking for another way to save because obviously, the savings account option isn't working for me. I need something that I can put money in and have no free will access to. Is there such a thing available?
    Best way to save is spend less on materialistic needs .. or increase your income to that extend that you will not have to worry about savings.

Share on facebook