1. Collapse Details
    How long can I report losses?
    I started a photography business from my home 4 years ago. As a nature/ outdoor photographer I had hoped to sell prints, calendar shots, greeting cards, etc. through art galleries & through my web site. I have found out how difficult this is. Over the last three years I have not been able to show a profit. I am preparing my taxes for the 4th year of business and am still coming up with a loss. My question is; How should I proceed? It sounds like I have about three choices. I can; 1) Report the loss for the 4th year & hope the IRS doesn't question my expenses. 2) Report only the income and not the expenses to avoid showing a loss. 3) Dissolve my business & start over. Or as a 4th choice, should I file form 5213, which, if I understand it correctly, will buy me some time (Two or three years?) in which to show a profit. (While I am still hopeful, there is no guarantee that profits will come). I really don't want to do anything to trigger an audit that would disallow any legitamit expenses that I have deducted in the past. It seems I'm caught between a rock & a hard place here! Any advice or opinions would be appreciated!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Portfolios are living proof of your work to attract clients. Before you look for clients, make sure you have a promising portfolio. Many people will be more interested in seeing examples of your work, rather than just verbal promotions.

This portfolio can be a benchmark for your photo type or style for others. So, when your client starts asking for something weird, you have good reason.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    you are talking about you started a photography business from my home 4 years ago, i have no knowledge about
    sorry for that

------------
    Animation Notes

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Yes! You are absolutely right. I agree with you.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    You can write off up to $3,000 worth of short-term stock losses in any given year.

Share on facebook

Last edited by booxingcomponents; 02-26-2020 at 01:17 AM.