1. Collapse Details
    sole proprietor switching from SSN to EIN
    I have operated my sole proprietorship for several years using my SSN. I need to switch to using a EIN in order to hire employees.

How, and what issues are involved in making this change? I have bank accounts, contracts, tax returns, business licenses, etc. that use my SSN. Can I simultaneously use my SSN and EIN for a while?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Just get the EIN from the IRS and update all the places you mentioned. As a sole proprietor you are filing a "Schedule C" as part of your tax return. There is a line at the top for the business EIN if not using your social security number. Just put it there on your next tax return you file.

You should not use both at the same time.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    KT – Bankruptcy Lawyer is a long-standing bankruptcy law firm that strives to satisfy the legal needs of every client. We have a proven track record that is deeply rooted in our attention to crucial details. You can be confident that your case will receive the diligence it requires from start to finish. We always start by affording a no-obligation legal consultation that allows us to look into the prospects of your case thoroughly. The free assessment will also enable you to know us and our capabilities comprehensively. We will leave no stones unturned with regards to your situation. Our lawyers are experienced, result-oriented, and will never let anything get in the way of giving you a fresh financial start.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Sole proprietorship is definitely very nice. They have been looking forward to what the opportunities will bring. - Paul Savramis

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    A government boss recognizable proof number, or EIN, is a nine-digit number the IRS appoints to organizations for charge documenting and detailing purposes. The IRS utilizes the EIN to distinguish the citizen. ... Be that as it may, most sole owners don't have to acquire an EIN and can utilize their Social Security numbers all things being equal.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    thanks for sharing with us

Share on facebook