Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Business Plan Templates
    Hi, I wondered if anyone else has used a business plan template or programme already set up for the type of business you are thinking of, which you just adjust to suit your own individual business needs, such as location, number of staff etc. I found one by 'Teneric' which do a package for 30 and if it doesn't get you your finances for your business or improve your exhisting business within 12 months you can get your money back. Not sure if this is too good to be true. Has anyone used such a template/programme and did it actually help or not. Basically is it worth investing in, or are you just as well to take the time to write your business plan from scratch, even if it does take you months?

Any feed back/ideas would be appreciated.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Check with the city...
    I live in Los Angeles, and our city's website has step-by-step instructions for writing a business plan. Perhaps your city has one, as well. The basic outline is as follows:
    Executive summary - appears first, but is written last. Summarizes key elements of entire business plan.
    The industry - overview of sector you will be a part of, major players, trends, estimated industry sales, etc. Include a summary of your business' place within the industry.
    Market analysis - examines primary target market, geographic location, demographics, your target market's needs, and how those needs are currently being met.
    Competitive analysis - investigation of direct and indirect competitors, and how you will overcome any entry barriers to your chosen market.
    Marketing plan - detailed explanation of sales strategy, pricing plan, advertising and promotion activities, your (product/service) benefits.
    Management plan - outline legal structure, mgmt. (internal and external) resources, and human resources needs.
    Operating plan - description of physical location, facilities, equipment, inventory requirements, types of employees needed, description of any manufactuing process, etc.
    Financial plan - description of funding requirements, detailed financial statements, financial ananlysis.
    Appendices and exhibits - add'l information to establish credibility of your business idea (photos, contracts, marketing studies, etc.
    Hope that helps!
    Good luck!
    Anne

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    MS Word Has wonderful templates/guidlines to help you with this task.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I found lot of samples in this US government site
    http://www.sba.gov/

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Thank you! I found a lot of the information in this thread very helpful. This is basically where we are at right now in the process, my partner has taken over this task. I'm not sure if he is using a template or just compiling information, but now that I know there are lots of options available I can give him a little direction.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I use the this website called business builders to help me with a lot of forms. I have a co worker that writes grants and she showed me this website and it has all kinds of business forms. It gives you a lot of templates and sample forms that all you have to do is fill in. Basically ever things self explanatory you just have to know how you want to word everything.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Reece View Post
    MS Word Has wonderful templates/guidlines to help you with this task.
    I agree but they don't go into much detail. It handles the formatting but not the content.

Quote Originally Posted by nasa_48 View Post
    I found lot of samples in this US government site
    http://www.sba.gov/
    This is a good tip. They offer decent guides to get you started.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I'd say start with your own. Your customization of your plan will make the business yours. What I mean is, at a personal point of view, businesses have to have their own identity which you alone can give. This is on my own personal stand point. Good luck though on your new venture=)

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Very true emilx_06. You need to make it YOURS. An effective plan can be used by others, but you can't just rely on a template.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    There are many websites out there which allow you to create your own plan like liveplan etc. but most of them won't do a customised plan with financials etc.

My suggestion would be hire someone who will sit and understand your business and prepare a customised plan for you. I also provide these services, feel free to contact me if you want to find out more.

Share on facebook

Blackwing Consultants - Professional accounting services to small and medium business owners