1. Collapse Details
    Starting an Online Selling Business in California
    Hi everyone, I have a question about starting an online selling business in California. I want to start a personal business that does all the transactions online and then ships products within the United States. Do I have to register this with the state and get a license, or can i just operate it without registering anything and then just declare my income at tax time?

thanks a bunch,
    brighty

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Hi
    You need to do alot of stuff in order for you to operate as a "reseller". That is the term you will be labled as unless you are a direct manufacturor.

1)DBA or ficticoius name

2)If not DBA then you must be incorporated

3) State registration and tax Id

4)Tax regulations for business (such as witholding, etc)

5)business account (you need this and tax id to be able to do business with whole salers)

6)Account with wholesaler(you need to contact them and fill out some stuff and be able to fax them your business account,tax id,etc)

7) Once you have an account made with a wholesaler you might want to get a merchant account so you can accept visa

I could guide you through this process and provide all information required instead of you having to try to find it on your own. If interested give me a hollar at PerryEllis78@Yahoo.com

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Great info!
    Thanks for the info, P.E. Do you mind if I throw something else at you? I just got my license to be an aromatherapist, and want to start my own side business. I stress side business, because I already have a full time job & am just looking to supplement my income. I would basically be making money two ways - by consultation, and by creating blends for clients to take home for inhalation and/or massage. It would just be myself, so I think from what I have been reading a sole proprietorship would be in order. If I am correct, this eliminates the need for a tax ID#, and I would file form C or C-EZ with my taxes at the end of the year. I think I still need to have a business license. Let me know if I have that right so far.
    Now, do I have to charge sales tax on my blends or can I just state a flat fee that covers my costs (since I will have already paid tax on the individual items needed to create these blends)? I know it is very costly to get a resale number, and that you have to first sell like $1,000. worth of stuff to qualify to get one. Not quite sure how all that works - and it could make my little side business impossibly expensive, since these blends are only $10 to $20 a pop.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Anne

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    If your interested in starting your own business, you can purchase the information we are selling. This information includes online books and audio made by people who have been successful in starting and growing their own businesses. It will show you step by step how to start and grow your own business.

500dollarsaweek.com
    Get Over $295 worth of Information for only $67 for a limited time only

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Hi Brighty

You need to give us more details about what exactly you are planning to sell. The legal paperwork for business is a distraction and if you are not looking to immediately acquire funding or hire employees, I would recommend starting the business right away and work on building traction. Once this is done and your business seems to be picking up, then you might work on the paperwork relating to setting your company up.

Share on facebook

EntrepreneurshipDaily.com - Get the best growth tips, business ideas and advice from fellow entrepreneurs

Stop wasting time reading a thousand blogs. This is the only thing you need

6. Collapse Details
    Hi I've also been wondering where to start when making an online business. I want to sell clothing, and other merchandise to a wide net of people. Having hard time getting started because i am not very good at creating a website. I've heard of companies who can do this for me for a short fee, but i want to oversea my products. Also eventually i want to learn how to really sell my products and promote them. seems like a lot of work for one person who needs a lot of help.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Hey Ronisha, I have made a few websites and found some of the companies that offer free website making tools that should be sufficient for your needs (just google for the top 5 - they are all similar). You can get a decent site up and running in no time. By the end I was even playing around with iframes to add functionality to my site, which means manipulating HTML - and I hate code. However, I should have started with scoping my potential market out first, maybe you already have. Best piece of advice I got recently was start with the customer and then work back from him/her in order to set up a business. The website/SEO/marketing etc is really just the fun stuff, and without a targeted customer base that you've researched, then it may be all in vain.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by imbrightmoon View Post
    Hi everyone, I have a question about starting an online selling business in California. I want to start a personal business that does all the transactions online and then ships products within the United States. Do I have to register this with the state and get a license, or can i just operate it without registering anything and then just declare my income at tax time?

thanks a bunch,
    brighty
    Hey, It is really seems good that you are thinking about an online business. I think, you have to register this with the state and get a license and also declare your income at tax time.
    If you want some more information, then simply mail me at: nationkart@gmail.com

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    33 Browning St, Yokine WA 6060, Australia
    online business is a good start if you don't want to spend a lot of money for your starting capital. But, be sure to make it known to your locality by registering your business in local business listings. You can also create ads on social media to build your audience and also your traffic. Since you don't have a physical store, online visibility is your biggest task to improve your ranking and your traffic.

Share on facebook

The Dog Line - Experts in Electric Dog Collars: How to Stop Dog from Escaping My Property using Invisible Electric Dog Fence? Do Remote Dog Training Collar Can Train My Dog Obedience? How Dog Bark Collars Work?