1. Collapse Details
    Helping U.S. companies expand to China
    Hi,
    I'm new in this forum. My business is helping U.S. companies that want to expand their business to China. We provide market research reports on specific industries in China, and we also provide translation service (English-Chinese and Chinese-English). Do you think anybody is going to be interested in this business? The price for customized market research (done by PhD students in Tsing Hua University in China) is $500 per report. Do you think this price is reasonable? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    hey, sounds interesting. $500 is a very competitive price, but depends on the research quality. 'Qing Hua Phd student' doesn't mean their research is convinceble. If your client has a big investment project in China, i will suggest them to pay more to get research report from company like ACNielson.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Re: Helping U.S. companies expand to China
    In my experience, these types of reports are heavy on government statistics and light on reliable info. They have a standard format in the computer, find and replace the key words, dump a bunch of charts into it based on suspect data, and presto! US$500 please.

As Uni-Nexus suggested, it is probably better to save your US$500 and spend for some real data (such as that supplied by AC Nielsen, Euromonitor, etc.) Hiring an experienced agent might also be a good idea but make sure to get one that specializes in your area of business. Normally these agents already have the data in hand, so no need for you to buy it in advance yourself if you plan to use an agent.

Thomas at Innovatize

Share on facebook