View Poll Results: Would you hire a contractor for HR functions?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, on-site, local area, or remotely

6 50.00%
  • YES, on-site or local area ONLY

0 0%
  • YES, but on a project/as needed basis ONLY

4 33.33%
  • NO

2 16.67%
  1. Collapse Details
    Would you hire a contractor for HR functions?
    I have an extensive background in the HR field and am considering contract work. I am interested in providing expertise in...

- recruitment/selection: interviewing, resume screening, offer letters
    - performance mgmt: writing job descriptions
    - employee relations: new hire orientation, conflict resolution, attendance mgmt, policies/proced's handbook development
    - training: customer service, 1st time supervisors, etc.
    - workers compensation: OSHA reporting requirements, claims tracking, return-to-work policy development

This could be in an advisory or service capacity. Is there a demand for this in small business? If so, what type of services are needed most? Are you open to someone working remotely, rather than on-site or in the local area?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    If there is a particular field you specialize in (entertainment, retail, etc.) you may be able to pre-screen for small businesses, which would probably be attractive to people who don't have a lot of time to hunt down candidates. You'd most likely need to do something like that locally. That's just a thought I had.
    Good luck!

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    It is best to hire a contractor for project based work. It will speed up the process of recruitment and it will guarantee you personnel working on the project as they can guarantee immediate replacement should some decide to go, or you can easily pool additional manpower should the project needs it. Aside from the fact that it is less hassle. Imagine, processing their papers, visa (if overseas recruitment), etc.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    As someone who has some experience with recruitment I think that the person recruiting for a position has to have some experience with that position. The company that I work for chooses its recruiters from within the company, people who already know what the job that they will be recruiting for is all about. When you screen for a specific skill you need to know how to interpret the result. You also need to think what it would be like to work with the person that you're about to hire from a supervisor's point of view.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Yes i like to hire a contractor for HR functions

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    In my knowledge and experience, hiring HR is only needed on big scale businesses. But it is also helpful on start ups but on as-needed basis only. Depending on the budget.

Share on facebook