Thread: UTR Number

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    UTR Number
    I am a question to ask.

I am currently working as a Self Employed Theater Technician, and have taken on a contract for a tour. My question is that the Theater Company I am contracted with has asked for my UTR number otherwise they are going to put me on emergency TAX. I have now had taken 56 per week of me for 3 weeks in emergency TAX.

When I called the TAX office they told me that they could not give out my UTR number as it was for there use only and they told me I should not have to prove me self employed status at all.

What do I do, should demand my UTR number or have the Theater Company got it wrong, I can't afford to have this money taken off me.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by alexcollins View Post
    A UTR number (Unique Taxpayer Reference) is a ten-digit number issued directly by HM Revenue & Customs and is used to identify individual Taxpayers within their system.
    Yes, you are right A UTR number (Unique Taxpayer Reference number) is a ten-digit code issued by HMRC to identify individual taxpayers who need to complete a Self Assessment tax return. Any individual, company, trust or other organization that registers to pay tax through Self Assessment is given a UTR number.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    UTR Number. A UTR number (Unique Taxpayer Reference) is a ten digit number issued directly by HM Revenue & Customs, and is used to identify individual Tax payers within their system. UTR numbers are issued to individuals, companies, partnerships, trusts and other types of organisations.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Unique Taxpayer Reference numbers (or UTRs) are 10-digit codes that uniquely identify you or your business. They're used by HMRC whenever they're dealing with your tax. From claiming a tax refund to filing a Self Assessment tax return, your UTR will make sure the taxman always knows who he's talking to.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    You'll automatically be sent a Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) when you:

register for Self Assessment
    set up a limited company
    It's a 10-digit number. It might just be called 'tax reference'.

This guide is also available in Welsh

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    You'll automatically be sent a Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) when you:

register for Self Assessment
    set up a limited company
    It's a 10-digit number. It might just be called 'tax reference'.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Unique Taxpayer Reference numbers (or UTRs) are 10-digit codes that uniquely identify you or your business. They're used by HMRC whenever they're dealing with your tax. From claiming a tax refund to filing a Self Assessment tax return, your UTR will make sure the taxman always knows who he's talking to.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Unique Taxpayer Reference numbers (or UTRs) are 10-digit codes that uniquely distinguish you or your business. They're utilized by HMRC at whatever point they're managing your duty. From asserting an expense discount to documenting a Self Assessment government form, your UTR will ensure the taxman consistently realizes who he's conversing with.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    The number will be significant. A lot of people are actually raving over it for some reason. - Marla Ahlgrimm

Share on facebook