Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Information about Marketing SMEs
    Hello,

I'm an MBA student doing on my dissertation on the most effective techniques used by SMEs nowadays for marketing the actual organization and the products.
    Could you please identify me the marketing methods that you consider the most important for today's SMES and maybe any issues that might prevent the effective implementation of those methods?

Thank you in advance!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    SEM Marketing Methods
    The most important sem marketing method is first delivering the RIGHT customer to the site. You could put pictures of Paris Hilton on your site but if she doesn't have anything to do with your products you as just going to generate a ton of usless traffic. So, everything to do with the site has the end customer in mind. The second challenge after getting them to the site is to move them to your products. Again, everything from design to product information has to be done just right are there is little success. And last but not least, the third step is to not only ask but get the order as well.

The issues that prevent this... ? An IT department that is inexperienced in how design and marketing work in the internet environment.

[Edited: Reason for edit - no URL drops please]

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Good day --

Before you do any marketing, you must have a top-notch product and quality support. The former reduces the strain on the latter. But, does not lessen the latters importance. I always stress to my clients that their support team assist a customer with any issue they may have (within reason) whether it is related to the product or not.

Once that is in place, it really becomes a decision on how to split the budget amongst the initiatives that are available to the particular type of business. These could include sponsorships, banner ads, cost per click campaigns, affiliate programs, traffic exchanges, traditional advertising, networking, word of mouth/grassroots campaigns, etc.

Cheers,
    Bob

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Extreme Marketing
    Sorry to reply so late but I just joined the forum so I hope this will help you on time for your paper.

I think the marketing method that is most important for SME today is combination marketing method. Traditionally, SME businesses are used to focusing on one medium - print or radio or television advertisements as a mean to advertise. Today, you need to use more than one medium and that should include internet, print, face-to-face and business cards at the same time.

The obstacles in implementing this sort of strategy is that people can't get past the traditional focused marketing strategy of using only one medium at a time and secondly, people think more expensive is better. In the case of today where the media landscape is so cluttered, creativity will give you an edge and this does not require huge amount of money.

Investing time and not money; and frequency in advertisement should be the new principles for SME.

Hope this help.

Minna

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    hi hi
    Hi, am I too late as well? I supposed a dissertation takes a while? here's my $0.02... marketing efforts currently being used... or should be used:

Pre-sales:
    (1) Internet marketing (email marketing, website marketing (search engines, linkbacks, reciprocal links, forums, directories, blogs, affiliates marketing, online articles)
    (2) Fax marketing,
    (3) Direct mailing,
    (4) Direct selling (via salesperson, word-of-mouth, & networking)
    *Advertising - too ex. Should focus more on the Free mediums like the above.

Post-sales (for customer service & cross-selling products):
    (1) Internet marketing:- Email marketing
    (2) SMS Marketing
    (3) Fax marketing,
    (4) Direct selling (via salesperson, word-of-mouth, & networking)

Hope these categories help!! In case you missed out any major topics. Cheers

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    genberating targetted traffic
    the best way to get targetted traffic to your website is

joint ventures and affiliate programs
    pay per clicks
    viral marketing
    linking strategies
    search engines

imagine u were number 1 in google with the keywords golf news

and someone typed this in and got news on the open tiger woods etc

but they wanted info on volkswagen golf news

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    The most important thing to promote any business is targeting right customers.if you focus on right people then you can use following techniques to promote yourbusines:
    Pay per click(PPC)
    Direct Marketing
    Seo
    Sms marketing

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    First just focus on target customers and promote your product with the help of social media sites to get better results.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by GiorgosH View Post
    Hello,

I'm an MBA student doing on my dissertation on the most effective techniques used by SMEs nowadays for marketing the actual organization and the products.
    Could you please identify me the marketing methods that you consider the most important for today's SMES and maybe any issues that might prevent the effective implementation of those methods?

Thank you in advance!
    First, you have to decide what is your products' niche. After that you should also think about the right place for your product advertisement. You should also promote your business in social networking sites, so that most of the folks can easily target for your website.
    If you are thinking about eCommerce web store, then simple mail at:- nationkart@gmail.com

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    The way of advertise your product or which type of method you select for your business promotion is important. You can use various platform like Social networking for promoting your product.

Share on facebook