Thread: Hangout Name

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    cool names
    I would suggest going to this web site for boat names. I've noticed that people get very creative when naming a boat (namethatboat.com/popular-boat-names.htm)

Also, I think naming your business with an address or highway number would be great. Example: If your address is 113 E. Main St. a cool name for the business would be 113 retro.

Good luck.

Mario

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Maybe "Astral" pushed me this direction but I like the idea of naming a place after astronomical objects or quantum physics, etc. Some possibilites would be Arcturus, Betelgeuse, Quark City, etc. Also it's just my opinion, but it is very important to consider what "nick names" people might come up with for your establishment. I used to frequent a place that was probably very similar to your venture (live music, beer/wine bar, laid-back atmosphere), called The Borealis. People eventually started calling it "The Bore" which is exactly what it became -- before it went under. Note that Betelgeuse could be nicknamed "The Beat" and Quark City might end up being "Q-Town" (subliminal "cute" in there. Much better than "bore"!) On the surface, Astral Canvas also seems like an excellent name for a hangout, but be aware that people might start calling it "The Ass Can"!

Edit:
    Whoop I just realized this is an ancient thread. Hopefully you have the name thing figured out by now.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I'd call it "THE EASY." It's very smooth and stands. Or you can also go with "THE HANG."

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    What era? You should do a Google search of popular clubs from that era, and choose one of those. That way the sound of the club will be authentic to that era in time.

Share on facebook

It's just business.

5. Collapse Details
    Retro Bar?

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Maps. I like it

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Can the music be retro Too, or newer Materials? In any event, I enjoy the identify BackTrax, or BackTracks should you would rather that the "appropriate" spelling.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    26000 Springbrook Ave. #201 Santa Clarita, Ca 91380
    I think "Astral Canvas" is great, too.But it is very unique.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    'My Hangout Place' or simple Hangout is not bad at all

Share on facebook