1. Collapse Details
    Import problem from China
    I have purchased things from China before through eBay and other websites but this time I ran into a problem.

We contacted a company and requested a quote for some paper products delivered to our restaurant. They quoted us $950.00. Not once did they mention anything about any other fees. Once the items were shipped we got a call from the shipping company requesting up to $400.00 in delivery and customs forms fees that we would need to have completed. If we would have been aware of any other fees we would have not done the order. So we told the shipper we would not go forward with this order. Now we are being threatened with fines for abandoning this shipment. Are we responsible to the seller for payment of this item if even if we never receive it? We filed a claim with Paypal and are waiting to hear back but how should we handle this problem with the shipper?
    Thanks
    Russ

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Did you check the tyype of order
    while finalizing the order requirement did you checked the type of order. Was it a FOB CNF. Because in FOB order receiver have to give some extra chargers apart from shipment deaL

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Hello,
    I would ask several questions about your problem.
    1. What is your trade term for this deal? Have you got a notice of who will be responsible for the freight and other fees before you place the order? Such as freight, tax, etc. In other words, do you know the details of USD $950.00?
    2. What is the shipping type for this order? By courier or other types of logistics? What will be the fees included generally?
    3. What is the details of $400.00 that the shipping company requested?
    I think you'd better figure out above these and then decide if go continue with the order or not.

Hope this helps

Cheers
    M

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    For situations like this, I would suggest you check all your communication logs with the provider again. If they did not mention anything about the shipping cost to you, then you have a stronge case for argument.
    1. It is necessary for the sellers to confirm shipping details before they finalize the deal and ship out the goods. Shipping details such as shipping methods( air,sea, door-to-door delivery...etc), shipping company, packaging and other details should be decided by the buyer, not the seller!
    2. If you have never received the goods, and you can prove that you have legitimate reason (such as point 1) for cancelling this deal. Paypal will most likely rule in your favor.
    3. There will only be problems if you paid any deposit or downpayment for the goods. It is very unlikely the sellers will return the payment they already received. So if that's the case, I would suggest you think over again between loosing the deposites or paying the extra shipping costs.

Just a side note, always be careful when dealing with Chinese providers. Especially when it comes to payments and quality issues. If possible, try to find an agent or sourcing company to do that for you. You might pay extra, but you will never have to worry about problems like this.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Hi uriahsky,

You have got services from low service provider for that reason you have faced the problem while purchasing the things from china. Please visit the site www.eximpulse.com this is the best search engine which will help you to while selling and purchasing the product or any things..

Thank You.

Share on facebook