1. Collapse Details
    Good or bad idea for a business
    hey y'all

i'm 17 years old and want to know before i create a business after university or college... tha is my idea is good or bad which is opening an anime store... give me ur honest answer and why?

Thank you for reply

Mulak

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    You have a lot of questions to answer first, starting with

1) who exactly is your target audience?

2) what exactly will you be selling?

3) What are the opportunities for growth? Is this a product with longevity?

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Well, I can't say that I've seen many stores dedicated just to Anime. I've seen a few, which isn't a very good indication for the prosperity of a business field, but then again, perhaps one region lends itself better to this type of thing than the next. The questions posted earlier are very important and ifyou cannot answer all of them--plus more--then you are not ready to open a business.

I do know (I have a few friends that are mildly into Anime) that the field is very cult-oriented. I have a feeling that most of the physical locations that sell Anime are probably large in size and due to their profits in other areas, can afford to hold a vast Anime selection whilst knowing that it will noy sell all to well.

Depending on your resources (that is, if you don't have thousands of dollars to burn on a store front location and all the business expenses of the overhead and other things that go with it) you may want to look into creating an internet store. There is much less overhead and a much wider customer base.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Hi

As a retail shop? Or an online shop?

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I disagree with rob some what. The lack of anime stores doesn't necessarily mean that they are unprofitable. It just means that anime isn't massively popular/widespread yet. In my opinion, there is a massive market just about to open up. I too am 17 and in high school, and i'm in charge of the japanese - NOT ANIME- club (sorry, everyone gets that confused. any way, we held anime nights every month, and let me say that it was VERY difficult to find decent anime that wasn't an hour away in downtown houston....anyway, if you do open up your store, let me suggest a very "sheltered" suburban environment. right now you're saying, "why would i put an anime store in the middle of white christian suburbia?" and I'm saying, there are a lot of frustrated teenagers in these areas who would and could pay through the nose to get ahold of their precious japanimation

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    yes, do it
    if you like animals and you think you know what they need and can talk animals with their owners. then do it. it wont be easy because there is no easy business but if the important part is if you're passionate about it.
    good luck

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    From what Ive experienced, while there is a large market for anime, the market is extremely spread out, and therfor any business catering to it, should be internet based. But by no means am I any expert. It just seems to me that most the people I run into that are into it are on the net. I only know 1 or 2 people around me outside of the internet, that are into it. My knowledge, little as it is, falls more into the resturant side of things.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    There are lots of ideas for good or bad business but main important things are:

1) What is your target
    2) How to generate effective customers
    3) How to get profit from your business.

Share on facebook