Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    And you have to grow your business really big. Its hard to work with venture capitalists when your company gets bigger.
    I very much like to read this advice. Very optimistic and yet very cautious. Thank you.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Usually loans will solve the issue and you can even loan from your family to say the least or go to your closest friends since that can offer you help while not asking much money or interest in return. You could also try starting a very small business with what you already have and do expand.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by fredkawig View Post
    Usually loans will solve the issue and you can even loan from your family to say the least or go to your closest friends since that can offer you help while not asking much money or interest in return. You could also try starting a very small business with what you already have and do expand.
    Both options are the best things to do when starting out in my opinion. You can get far with the small fishes!

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    There is none that i know of. Unless you have a wealthy friend who is willing to do you a huge favor. Banks are not going to loan you any money at all if you have bad credit. So that only leaves you with 2 options. Sell something you own, or save up the money the old fashioned way. Which will take some time.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    It will depend with the company that will be issuing the funding. Some companies do not require credit while others require them as part of their requirements.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmac9100 View Post
    There is none that i know of. Unless you have a wealthy friend who is willing to do you a huge favor. Banks are not going to loan you any money at all if you have bad credit. So that only leaves you with 2 options. Sell something you own, or save up the money the old fashioned way. Which will take some time.
    Everyone should really start saving from a young age. That way when the opportunity comes you will be ready to take the step.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by soopersonic View Post
    Are there any government programs that you would be eligible for? Without knowing much about your business I'm not sure what you would be eligible for, but you can check with your local or state/provincial government offices. There are often programs available for unemployed, under-employed, or for startups that would provide an economic benefit to the region, by hiring local workers for example.

Also worth noting is that you are more likely to get investors if you have a quality plan, so get working on that business plan!
    That is a good point. Sometimes the government has programs that can help start up businesses. I would check sba.gov for more information.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cpefley View Post
    That is a good point. Sometimes the government has programs that can help start up businesses. I would check sba.gov for more information.
    You can always try to get a business angel as well!

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmac9100 View Post
    Well, in my opinion there is one more avenue which can guarantee funding for your business venture and that avenue is of securing some amount of venture capital. Venture Capitalists are people who invest in promising business ideas. These guys generally invest with the view of earning returns some years down the line. And there is one more way for you to gather capital which would be to start a kickstarter campaign.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    As other people have said, it depends on what your business is. The more detail you give, the better advice you can receive. That being said you do have options including loans and appealing to venture capitalists.

Share on facebook