Thread: Business Name

1. Collapse Details
    Business Name
    I'm having a very hard time coming up with a good/catchy business name. I don't want it to be industry specific but open as I do many things, including but not limited to hand drawn name/word art, refurbished furniture, boutique kids clothes, women's handbags and more. So I'm after something that doesn't confine me to an industry but it's proving harder than I thought. Can anyone help???

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    List "catchy" keywords, such phrases that build confidence, suggest quality or any advantage that counts in your business field and/or could impress your prospects. Try to combine them with your brand name or any talkative phrase that writes down your market.
    Run Google Keyword tool to find if it is "free", so you do not have to "fight" with other businesses with your newly created creative name... This step saves pretty much aggravation.

Share on facebook

RCN Business Consulting: RCN Europe, RCN Americas, RCN Asia-Pacific. Small business and Startup consulting.

3. Collapse Details
    To me personally you can make any name work. I mean look at the name "Google". I remember when Google first came out and nobody heard of it, I was telling people about it and they would laugh. Thinking it's a stupid name.

So chances are if your product or service is great, people will beat to your drum with whatever name.

Share on facebook

Need more Sales in your Business? Download the "Sales Samurai" app for FREE for Iphone and Android. Teaching you professional consultative sales methodology using SPIN Selling, Popular Closes and Effective Objection Handling Techniques. Your Pocket Sales Trainer available to you at any business meeting! Available on Itunes or the Google Play store - http://bit.ly/1PDu2Tu

4. Collapse Details
    That really is a big range of businesses you do. Maybe simply pick your favorite word and keep changing the ending of it , to see if the .com is available.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Furbtique, Extrication, Manumission

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    16850 Collins Ave, #112650, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160
    Couple notes about a good/catchy business name.

URL Length Conventional wisdom is that Google dislikes very long URLs and, to a lesser degree, having keywords in a URL can have a positive effect - if anything by simply telling the user who looks at the URL what the page is about. I would stick to a name no longer thant 10-12.

Industry Specifc Yes, you don't NEED to be industry specific. Amazon, Google, Apple, etc. The list goes on and on. However, that really is the exception. The name should form some connection tot he industry.

Competition Take a hard look at the name. Is it already being used by competitors? Are there so many business the same? If someone Google's your business' name, will you even be able to come up? You want something memorable enough, short enough, industry specific enough, without competition, to really hit the perfect spot.

Share on facebook

Earl White, Real Estate Investor
    House Heroes LLC
    16850 Collins Ave, #112560
    Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160
    Earl@househeroes.com
    http://www.househeroes.com

7. Collapse Details
    It can be a challenge coming up with a business name. You will also want to make sure you pick something that is relatively easy to spell AND is available in the common top-level-domains (e.g. .com).

As one other poster commented, it doesn't have to be descriptive... Google is a great example, and keep in mind that Google was actually a typo (the original, intended name was Googol).

Unless they are very lucky, you're not likely going to have someone on here be able to guess the perfect name for your business, better that you sit down and play some brainstorming games -- that should bring some great ideas to the surface, and then you can narrow them down based on how you want to use it (and if the domain is available).

Share on facebook