Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    I would not pay in advance when dealing with them the first time. If this is what they want, ask to use an escrow service, you can even offer to pay for the fees.
    If they become a more long term business partner then I don't see it as a problem, but for a first timer I'd recommend something else.

Also Paypal is ok but I'm not too sure how well their system works for proving that you didn't receive anything.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Best way to work with China www.its-china-group.com We can help to buy any kind of goods in China and make delivery

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Paypal could be of some help if the company accepts paypal payments. Cash on Delivery could still work if the manufacturer or seller agrees to. Credit card, Master Card and other Cards which are accepted are also a good choice. Bank and Wire transfer is another choice.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I personally would never do business with China. The reason their products are so cheap is because they have people sweatshops making them, a lot of times kids. It also takes jobs away from Americans when you by Chinese products, I think it's un-American to buy from them. I guess if you still want to you can use your VISA/Mastercard or PayPal. Make sure you never use cashiers checks or cash on delivery, there are a lot of international scams.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Chinese suppliers would never rip you off. Thing is most chinese companies are huge companies and they don't cheat. It's best not to work with a small company from the very outset. Alibaba thousands of gold suppliers with extensive past performance. Best to source from there.

Chinese companies accept a wide range of payment methods ranging from Western Union, Wire Transfers to Letter of Credits.

If it's a small order a wire transfer is sufficient. CAD (Cash Against Documents) is how you do it. If it's a large order you're placing, open a Letter of Credit and discuss the incoterms with your supplier.

You can also include an inspection by SGS for quality and quantity in the Letter's of Credits incoterms which ensures that you get what you're paying for.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybotter View Post
    If you need to pay in advance then the best option is paypal, because i think you know that you can get your money back within 90 days in case if you will not get your products.
    Yes, I agree the best option is paypal. I am also importing shoes from China and am currently using paypal. I think it's the safest and fastest option. But the problem is that it depends on your factory. I had to look around for a month to find the right people to work with!

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I normally use Paypal, but I have heard some factories that don't accept Paypal, and use Alipay, or accept bank transfers. Many approve of wire transfers such as Western Union, though that can be risky as well. Although there is the escrow option, it doesn't really work when the orders take so long to arrive, and by that time, the number of days you have to get refunded is probably close to none. In my experience, it's a good back up, but don't rely on it.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    That sounds like a good compromise. They are going to have to be flexible if they expect to keep your business. Hopefully they do accept Paypal.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    To be totally honest there are loyal suppliers from China however there are also many scams as well. I normally don't just buy from China without building a relationship with the supplier and narrowing down the possibilities of a bad business transaction. I would prefer to pay with Paypal or Escrow as these two are more secure methods of payments. Chinese like to keep long friendships and if you come across a genuine business then you should hold on to that contact because in the long run they will provide you with more than enough than you bargained for.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I actually disagree with you because the Chinese products are cheap, not just because they can afford to sell it cheap but because some of the big companies in America and even around the world rip off customers with their high prices while the Chinese makes it more affordable to own the same product but just not with the same brand. What about those that are not capable of owning high end devices, the Chinese caters for them, so it's all about the target market.

Share on facebook