Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
A useful beginners guide all about taking online payments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    A useful beginners guide all about taking online payments
    goringgap Guest
    Hello all,

This is something we wrote for our clients but you may find it useful.

A basic introductory guide to online payments

Cheers
    Simon

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Personally I find the whole credit card acceptance industry overwhelming. There are so many components to it which opens the door for confusion; I want to find a place that just handles everything for me. We are a relatively new business and the thought of trusting some random processing company to handle all of our credit card transactions is freighting. Thank you for posting the article, hopefully after doing some more homework I will come up with the best solution for my business.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I agree. It can be confusing to accept credit cards online with a merchant account. However, it does help to find a company that provides and all-in-one solution, which includes the essential elements required for both website processing, as well as a method to process transactions manually, such as with orders that may be received by phone or by email or even by mail-order. These elements include #1. A merchant account, #2 A Payment Gateway with Virtual Terminal, and #3 A Secure Shopping Cart which will automate the order process on your website.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I think credit card processing can be risky if you choose the wrong company. I had a nightmare experience with PayPal and when I found the website www.paypalsucks.com, I was even more outraged and disgusted to learn that thousands upon thousands of others had experienced the same corruption and corporate theft as I had. I recommend that you stay away from any company that has this many complaints.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    This article is helpful indeed so thanks for sharing. Just also want to share my thoughts about it and it's indeed sad that as of the moment, our choices are not a lot when it comes to doing online payment. It's either through credit or debit card or paypal which are all risky. Hope this will all change soon.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by P&T Consulting View Post
    Personally I find the whole credit card acceptance industry overwhelming. There are so many components to it which opens the door for confusion; I want to find a place that just handles everything for me. We are a relatively new business and the thought of trusting some random processing company to handle all of our credit card transactions is freighting. Thank you for posting the article, hopefully after doing some more homework I will come up with the best solution for my business.
    Yeah, true, credit card usage is very complex and there are definitely a lot of things that you really need to familiar yourself about. However, I also think that without credit card provisions, business may not be that attractive to customers as well, especially nowadays when everyone basically just uses credit cards and hates bringing actual cash. So basically this is part of business that we just need to bear with.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Nice guide, thank you. I agree there are A LOT of options to choose from and that it can be hard to see the forest through the trees. You really need to be able to handle credit card transactions these days. There is a big shift away from paper money so this market will even grow bigger over the time.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Thank you for sharing this! I feel that it is an important issue that is facing business today. I know many people that love to shop online or with their cards and rarely ever have cash. Personally, I have not had many online payment problems. I am actually a little shocked to hear that paypal may not be as secure as I thought. I will have to look this up and do further research. Once again, thank you for your wise words!

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Ok, so here is my two cents worth as an veteran in the payments processing industry- taking credit cards online is tough...but trying to do business online or even retail these days, is tougher. It's true, there are a ton of rules and regulations you have to follow when taking cards online, but many people can skip most of this by signing up with a payments aggregator like Paypal. Using an aggregator means that you can skip signing up for your own account and leave the liability for following the card association rules to the aggregator since it's their merchant account. Of course you can't committ fraud, but that's a given. You'll pay more per transaction, but with the headaches gone (no need to deal with card acceptance rules, level three processing, address verification, etc.) it's really almost worth it. Those in the retail field can also take advantage of a payment aggregator. Square is just one of many.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the article OP, I'm planning on starting multiple eCommerce sites soon and taking online payments is the only thing that's scaring me! It's hard to get your head around all the rules and regulations if you're not experienced in the industry.

I do agree with the above poster 'novasparker', signing up with someone like Paypal and having them handle all the transactions would be a lot easier.

Share on facebook