1. Collapse Details
    I am new to this.. Need suggestions on what I need to open..
    ... a bakery.

I know what I need its more of I dont know where to get it. Where would I get a small oven- are there certain regulations on the size and where would I find this out?

Thank you

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Where are you located?

In any US metro area of say 300,000 or more there is often at least on place that sells used restaurant fixtures. You can search the local Yellow Pages, or on the web. Actually better chances locally and save shipping. Use the term "used restaurant fixtures". You might also try "used store fixtures".

Again depending on where you are, you will probably need a sales tax number from your state, a local and maybe state business license and some sort of certification by either or a state / local health department.

All of this varies from state to state and even more between cities/counties/etc.

If you give me more info, I may be able to into more detail.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    More info..

Ok im in MA and I have been going on with this idea for about 1-1/2 yrs and I am ready to just jump in finally. I am not sure where to begin.

If i rent a store front is that my best option? And then purchase used fixtures to begin with?

I have the creative end down no problem its all the technical things that im hung up on.

Thanks for any and all input.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    In MA I think you also have to buy a business license from the state.

As far as a storefront, keep in mind the old "location, location, location".

It's hard to advise long distance. Best to talk to some local folks. You might try the local SCORE group. Should be in the phone book, or online. Links disappear here, so i won't post one, but just google SCORE and you should get a hit.

You will also need an inspection from the health people. You can get more info there from the local health dept.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I don't know the full legalities of this as I don't live in America. Over here you would need a health inspection carried out on the premises but I don't think the equipment matters too much as long as it is commercial grade.

Have you thought about advertising your business online? If you need help with that just send me a message or reply here

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    You will need a lot more than that. You have to have certification from the health department (I would check the specific laws in your area) to serve and prepare food. All of your equipment, and the place you are doing business, will have to pass an inspection too. At least in the US, that is the procedure. There are very strict laws about preparing food and serving it to the public.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I agree with cpefley

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    my suggestion would be pick a strategic location since with this kind of business, location plays an important role

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Hmm, for the bakery, what type of pastries, bread, or other foods are you gonna sell and bake? It would be good to also look for a location where your bakery stands out and has products that are unique for any area your'e planning to be located. An example would be having a Wendy's next to a Burgur Kings, the less competition in the area, the better. Do you think you could go to the websites of other bakeries and e-ail them where they have gotten their's?

Share on facebook

MOBE's My Top Tier Business: MTTB 21 Steps System is MOBE’s premier commission generating system. Discover how to get $1,250, $3,300 and $5,500 commissions.
    http://track.mobetrack.com/aff_c?off...aff_id=1368103

And if you are weary, just pay shipping for Matt Lloyd's book "Limitless" http://track.mobetrack.com/aff_c?off...aff_id=1368103

Or you can go to a FREE Workshop
    http://track.mobetrack.com/aff_c?off...aff_id=1368103