Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    "Marketing Techniques for the Real World"
    Hi Ya'll,

Here's some more ideas for you.....

Please don't flame with the "do the face to face relationship stuff". I know all that. I'm just offering some creative ideas to get people juices flowing. Especially if they use the internet at all.

Marketing Techniques for the 'Real World'

1. Business cards. Leave a few in the local library or with other local businesses where prospects gather (with permission, of course); include a card in your postal mail; tack up a card on the bulletin board at your grocery store, etc. One place that offers quality, professional business cards at reasonable prices is ExtraValue.com. On a tight budget? Go to VistaPrint for free trial cards: Vistaprint.com .

2. Direct mail. Flyers, brochures, catalogs, coupons.... there are all sorts of things you can send through the mail. Need help? Freelancers can create pretty much any type of direct mail promotional items for you at competitive rates. Try Buildyourhomebiz.com/rd/gethelp.html .

3. Use your car! How much time do you spend driving (or, unfortunately, sitting stuck in traffic)? Take advantage of this opportunity by placing your URL on your car for everyone to see. Web Decals offers custom-printed decals that quickly and easily attach to your car's windshield: Webdecal.com

It's also a good idea to keep a few business cards, brochures, flyers, or other information in your car that you can give out to people who stop to inquire about your business.

4. Newspaper advertising. Keep in mind that classified ads are usually extremely short; you'll need a punchy, compelling ad that fits into just a few lines. Nationwide Newspapers offers classified advertising in over 8000 newspapers across the United States: Nationwideadvertising.com. U.S. Media Inc., Usmediainc.com/ , specializes in many types of 'offline' advertising, including newspapers, radio, TV, magazines, and more.

5. Get to the 'heart' of your audience by advertising in a quality magazine with loyal readers. U.S. Media Inc. lists a wide variety of trade and consumer magazines and publications. Contact their reps for more information: Usmediainc.com.

6. Participate in trade shows. Get exposure by networking with others in your industry. While you're there, you can even make a pen and paper available to collect the email addresses and/or postal addresses of people interested in receiving your newsletter or additional information about your product or service. Visit the Trade Show News Network to search for trade shows of all types in industries worldwide: Tsnn.com.

7. Visit your local Chamber of Commerce. They may be able to offer you suggestions on where you can promote your business locally.

8. Send out postcards. Postcards are short, attractive, and readers can easily see your information 'at-a-glance.' Don't forget to display your URL! Extravalue.com is a great place to get professional, quality cards at very reasonable rates.

9. Put your URL on every piece of printed material that leaves your office. This includes brochures, business cards, flyers, faxes, labels, letterhead, invoices, cheques, envelopes, and anything else you can think of.

10. Consider using promotional items such as notepads, pens, mugs, etc. Imprint these items with your URL. Give some away as gifts to your best clients. You can even sell them online! iPrint is one place you can find 'do-it- yourself' promotional items, including t-shirts, golf balls, pens, mugs, clocks, tote bags, and much more: Iprint.com. And at CafePress.com you can upload your artwork, set your prices, and you're ready to sell.

11. State your URL on your voice mail message. Say your standard spiel, then add something like, 'For more information on [your product], visit our website at www.MyDomain.com.' uReach is a service that offers all-in-one communications service that includes voice mail, email, and faxes. Ureach.com.

12. Seek potential partnerships with complementary businesses. For example, let's say you sell nutriotionals. You could approach local health clubs and spas and offer to share the cost of their next direct mail campaign: when they mail a postcard or letter inviting their clients to return, you also offer their clients a discount on your nutrionals. This way you both reduce your costs... you reach a targeted audience quickly, easily, and through a trusted party (the other business)... and your business 'partner' can make a valuable product available at a discount to their customers.

God Bless,
    Hendra

"Lend A Hand....Smile....& Pass It On"

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Good post, some very good ideas there.

Welcome to SBF!!

M

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Thank you, this is exactly what I have been looking for. About to start up my business and didn't know where to start and how to get the word out. Love the idea about advertising on my car. I will be making and selling Gourmet dog food. This will all be fresh and nothing I am planning on shipping so that really limits my market. Next week I will be setting up a booth at the local farmers market that is hosted in my town each weekend. I have been around to a few pet stores as well but nothing has stuck so far as far as them carrying my product. Thanks Hendra!!

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    If you stumble into the direct mail business as form of advertising it can be very lucrative. Now I'm not sure how you get those mailing lists unless you build one up yourself, but I know a guy that is close to being a millionaire from "junk mail" business, it's crazy.

Share on facebook

I make decent money on Cash Crate and pay for a number of things using gift cards I get on InstaGC. Feel free to check out my work online blog.

5. Collapse Details
    There are lots of techniques for the real world like public speaking, dynamic websites, social media marketing, internet marketing, connect with other professional sites, write for papers and websites, everyday life networking and media.

Share on facebook

Sparx IT Solutions

6. Collapse Details
    A lot of useful information. I copied it to a place where I can keep it. Thank you. A lot of guides nowadays are outdated and use techniques that were suitable in the 90's but not anymore.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Those are some pretty good ideas. I have recently been looking into 10. Consider using promotional items such as notepads, pens, mugs, etc.

Instead of using CafePress, I'm using Spreadshirt, which is another T-shirt fulfillment service. Also, I don't recommend printing your URL onto a T-shirt. Imagine yourself seeing someone wear such a shirt. It's quite a turn-off isn't it? An artistic logo or slogan that represents your business would be much more attractive.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    This was a great post. I would like to thank you for these ideas. I was not aware of all of them. I am going to try out a few in the next few days.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    These are some excellent ideas. The only one I'm not sure about is flyers. Dropping flyers in mailboxes can be time consuming and often not worth it in my opinion. People get so many leaflets in their mailboxes nowadays that they usually don't even look at them, putting them straight into the garbage. In fact, I think many people get really annoyed by them. That said, I think they can be good if you target them by handing them out or posting on bulletin boards where your target market goes.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Great strategies. I wish there was a way some of those methods could be transferred for use when doing your marketing online. Anyway, for those who sell ebooks you could try organizing a meet-up meeting with "fans" if you're the writer of the e-book. I saw it once in Plano, Texas. The writers made some good dough.

Share on facebook