Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    How to break into a market...
    Hello all,
    My girlfriend and I have worked fearlessly for a year on creating a web publishing firm from scratch. That means from an advertising budget of £0 to a year later with an audience of over 70 countries and 30,000 visitors a month still without any income.
    I know there are probably plenty of ways to break into new income streams from this mainly Yorkshire, mainly young people readership.
    Maybe were just too exhausted with 4 kids too.
    Still any pointers in the right direction would be more than appreciated.
    All the best
    Mo & Cilla

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    That really is a very good run you are having. Also maybe asking some of your visitors to spread the word with a "Tell A Friend"

At the same time you can expand outside your country by using forums.

Congrats.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for that!
    Thanks for the reply and congrats.
    I've done a lot of forum work, and thatís why 70 countries come in, but I think advertisers may be more interested in consumers in my immediate area.
    I'm emailing the bigger companies in Yorkshire pointing out it's a community service were providing and that could benefit their image but it seems like it needs some handy insiders to get the ball rolling so to speak. I'll let you know if any of them reply!
    I wonder if sales people work on commision only?
    Cheers
    Mo

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Re: How to break in
    DiTryin Guest
    WoW!

You've got all that traffic and no buyers... sounds like the real problem is with your site. You didn't include a link so we could check it out.

When the visitor first arrives to it, is it a pleasant experience or is there annoying flashy graphics, music, and/or pop ups?

Does it take too long to load?

Is it easy to navigate?

Do you have a great portfolio so they can check out your work?

Check your stats and see how long people are staying. If it's less than 30 seconds, you've got lots of work to do.

Diane

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks Diane
    For your message.
    Yup our stats are up further. 3,000 google impressions a day average.
    Its because the content is real and always fresh with almost 2000 pages of html now. Nothing flash or annoying.

But we still cant get anybody to give us any doe. Maybe its just yorkshire is cheap and people just dont pay. Its annoying especially as I know we have better content than the BBC by a long way for Yorkshire.

[Moderators note: URL drop edited out]

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    If you are getting that kind of traffic then you may want to run some contests or introductory promotions or time-limited promotions just so that you can get some customers and build your portfolio.

Once you have a portfolio to show off, this will help you get more customers. Testimonials from happy customers will help as well.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the advice & tips.
    Were still working at it, I'll let you know on any breakthroughs.
    Cheers.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Your Revenue Stream?
    Is all your revenue ad-based? If so, check to see how long visitors are staying, as previously mentioned. If visitors are spending less than a minute on your site, then at least you have identified the problem: content. Once the content is rich, properly organized and easy to navigate all you have to do is match the sponsors to your content dynamically (you've got that covered with Google's AdSense).

If the visitors are spending time on your site, then try creating a portal out of your site. A portal will allow users to login and feel like a part of the community. Do not omit a forums module. As long as your visitors are members (with 30k monthly visitors you can't lose), your can let them customize their experience, sign up for a newsletter and keep them interacting in the forums in order to retain them.

Repeat visitors are customers.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Learning to start and grow your own buisness
    If your interested in starting your own business, you can purchase the information we are selling. This information includes online books and audio made by people who have been successful in starting and growing their own businesses. It will show you step by step how to start and grow your own business.

500dollarsaweek.com
    Get Over $295 worth of Information for only $67 for a limited time only

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Not sure if this will help, but what about offering a "finders fee" where if someone refers someone to you they can get $10 dollars for each person. maybe something like that? are you offering subscriptions and just no one is buying?

Share on facebook