Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Are image file names important to SEO?
    I'm about to refactor some content on our site to be more search friendly and it occurred to me that most of my image file names are relatively short to reduce the size of the tags in HTML and I wondered if that was the best approach. As search engines give a great deal of weight to the URL of my documents, should I give the same consideration to the file names of my images? Does it matter if I'm not interested in the images being found - only the value they add to the search weight of the documents that link to them?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Yes image name & alt tag both are most important for the seo prospective & good crawling also. This will helps to increase the keyword weight on the particular webpage...

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Image name, image alt tag, title tag should be in your keyword or keyword phrase.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Yes,image name,title tag both are important in seo.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Best answer for you is "you shouldn't be asking this question". It is simple to use good image names for your images. Best thing to do is pay attention to detail on things like this and everywhere else on your web site. Is your copyright date out of date? Fix it. Do you have your business name different on different pages, maybe one with LLC and other place without. Fix it. Make sense?

Scott
    www.wadefenseatty.com

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Alt tag in the images are important for seo only, because it is the only way search engine crawl your images.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Being honest to you, I haven't heard anywhere about image names. But about one year ago I watched a SEO tutorial which the tutor told to use images with relevant names and in this form: word1-word2-word3.jpg, although I had no idea SEO by that time so I did what this guy said in tutorial. And the result was surprising for me, my site pages didn't have good rankings in google search results but all of my post images showed up in the top of google images (image search) for those keywords and I even had site visitors from google images!

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Yes absolutely! Think keyword search & SEO. Good Luck

Share on facebook

Dufferin Media
    Social Media Management Services
    Hands off solution to help you build your business online using the powerful tools of Social Media
    www.dufferinmedia.com
    sarah@dufferinmedia.com

9. Collapse Details
    Hi,
    For the seo point, image name & alt tag both are most important. It is the way search engine crawl your images.

Thank You

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Image alt Taq will increase your Keyword relevancy in webpage and tells search engines what topic is our webpage its an important factors as per seo point of View...

Share on facebook