Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Chambers of Commerce?
    Just wondering if that is a good idea to join one.

I own a small company were we install digital remote surveillance systems. the cost is about $700.

Just wondering if anybody has tried something similiar and see what they think...any feedback is appreciated

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Joining the Chamber of Commerce
    Joining the chamber will be a great move for you get to net work with other business owners as well as get to know them on a personal level. See if you can find a BNI network.They are your best bet for business.
    BNI-Business Network Institute

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I second the BNI comment. I joined a BNI group on my area and it has helped grow my business.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    yes! Your local Chamber of Commerce is a great way to meet other business owners around your area.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Chameber of Commerce
    Excellent Idea! Having once held an office with our local chamber, I was always impressed by the business people from other areas that showed up to our chambers special events. Great way to spread the word and honestly do some good for your hometown.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Re: Chambers of Commerce?
    BNI and Chamber are both great ways to grow your business but allow me to add this caveat.

Don't go into it with the idea of tryin to sell the other members. Go into it with the concept of asking those people for referrals. By asking for referalls you not only disarm the other members and lower their (OH MY GOD THEIR GONNA TRY AND SELL ME SOMETHING) shield, but you elevate them to a position where they can help you. People are naturally helpful. Additionally, if they are in the market for what it is you sell, then they will be happy to refer themselves.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Re: Chambers of Commerce?
    And, if you do join BNI, really take the training and get involved. Sub often at other chapters. I've grown my business tremendously just by meeting more people and going to more chapters. In the training you really learn how to market yourself to others and how to use BNI to it's fullest capacity.

It's a great organization and I highly recommend it.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I agree that your local Chamber of Commerce and BNI offer excellent networking and learning opportunities for you and your business. In addition to the comments given above, I would suggest that you could offer to sponsor or co-sponsor an event for either of these groups. This would give your company plenty of exposure, while not looking like a solicitation session. In other words you would be giving before you start asking for anything. Of course it would give you a good excuse to contact local business owners before the event (particularly people you might have met once or twice) and remind them that it's happening and that you hope to see them there.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Chambers of commerce are associations of those businesses which are part of a similar industry. I would highly recommend you to join your local chambers of commerce as it would allow you excellent opportunities for learning and networking. These commerce also lobby with regards to policy matters. They also provide a lot of exposure for your business.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Joining one never hurts! Do this in addition to any normal advertising you do and I am sure your business will grow!

Share on facebook