Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    If feel that today it is almost tabu to say that a person has a business but no website. Can a person operate a business today without a website? Yes, my mother does very successfully but not everybody can do this. The first thing people often ask is do you have a website and if a business owners answer is no. Then it's almost as if the business is not good enough or something. Not to mention a business owner cutting them self short from all the clients that can be generated online.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I'll be honest; I was averse to the idea of starting a website at first. I just didn't feel as if I needed it, and that's saying something because I'm just under 25- a child of the technological age and still uneasy about it.

I finally broke down and used the cheapest of cheap options... It's actually made all the difference in the world in terms of communicating with old clients, networking with new clients, and simply providing a sort of aesthetic professionalism. So if anyone is unsure...trust me, go with a website.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    It depends on what kind of work you do and what kind of business are you running. Websites are important for getting words out, and having people to look at what your business offers and all the contact information, etc. Websites help to promote some of the businesses and are essential especially when the businesses are mostly online-based. I think you really have to know some sort of Internet knowledge and anything about creating basic website in order to get them running effectively. I think it is always good to have a website.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I think that having a website is standard for most businesses nowadays. In fact, it is a starting point for many. Even the smallest of businesses can benefit from having a website, even a blog, where they can communicate and share info with their customers and investors.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Yes...you CAN run some businesses successfully without a website, but I think it's silly not to have one. They offer so many benefits for pretty much any business.

Let's say you run a restaurant. By having a website, you can make it easy for potential guests to find driving directions to your place of business. You can display your hours of operation so that loyal customers can find them when they need them. You can post your menu and get people excited about your food.

If you run another type of business, you may really be able to expand your reach by starting a website. If you run a boutique that sells purses and gifts, you can benefit from the same things that a restaurant owner can, but you can get even more. You can start selling items online as well and make even more money while still operating your brick-and-mortar business.

Or perhaps you want to start a business but don't have the capital to do it the "traditional" way. The Internet makes this a possibility, even though it wasn't a possibility at all for people many years ago. You can work from home and run a successful business with the help of a website.

Business websites can work for advertising and branding, and they can provide you with all sorts of opportunities. I definitely think a website is an essential for any business owner.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I think having a website is just as important as having a phone number.

Even if it's not to attract new business a website can be a great convenience to your customers, it's like a way to be open all hours, a way to communicate and be there even when you are asleep.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonTheComputerGuy View Post
    I think having a website is just as important as having a phone number.

Even if it's not to attract new business a website can be a great convenience to your customers, it's like a way to be open all hours, a way to communicate and be there even when you are asleep.
    That's exactly how I feel!

Websites ARE the new phone number

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    As many have mentioned, yes, website is an essential thing to have, though it is not that essential. The biggest reason for having a website is that it can help you reach out to the world and make it your market. Though I know of a couple of people who do not have their websites but are utilizing the social media to reach out, still, what is wrong if you can multiply your profits by having a website.

Having a website is not enough just as there are so many millions of websites out there already, so you do have to consider advertising, blowing your own trumpet and opting for SEO (Search Engine optimization) and don't panic if these sound too much, at the end, you do gain the benefits when you make better sales and profits.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I totally agree! In this day and age, companies that lack something as minor as a website will surely lose out on certain customers to competitors that do have a website. Even a very basic website can help your company. Customers like to be able to see store hours online without making the trip to your business only to find that you are closed at that time. They also enjoy being able to contact you after hours through email. Such a basic yet overlooked concept that people should have as necessity now.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I agree with this. In todays day in age, people will generally look up a new business on the internet before using it, and having a professional looking website will help quite a bit.

Share on facebook