1. Collapse Details
    Retail Store Name
    Hi Folks,

I am looking for help with a retail business name. This store will be reselling country style decor items. Currently, we are running this business from our home and selling through ebay, and social media. We hope to convert/expand into a brick/mortar store within 3 or 4 years. However, in the meantime, we want to pick a name so we can start building a brand with the local community.

We've decided our current name is not what we want and would like to change it early in the game to something we'll be happy sticking with for the long haul.

The business is owned by myself as a sole proprietor, and I will be handing the finances, working with suppliers and all the back end stuff, including online sales, while my wife, Brandie, will handle the storefront and will likely be the person the general public will know of as the "owner" of the store.

We are looking for a unique and catchy name, we believe that a good name will mean the world of difference in how successful we ultimately become with this.

Here are some points about our business that may help everyone get a feel for who we are and what we plan to create:

-Currently, we have about 500 people following us in social media, many of whome know Brandie from her home town
    -Many others in the same "following" are random people who've come accross us in social media residing in or near a city close to her home town, where we plan to open the store. (Though location is not 100% decided yet)
    -Brandie's biggest seller right now are scented candles and sprays. She also does well with little shelf sitting trinkets and other country style decor. We hope to find some suppliers of hand made wood decor items and pretty much anything that might make a house look and smell like "Grandma's".
    -We will make the store itself look as much like an old house that most of us would associate with "Grandma's" as possible using much of the same decor that we sell.

We first thought that the name of the store would have Brandie's name in it, but after thinking about it for months, we can't come up with anything we like. However, feel free to use her name in your suggestions.

Thanks all!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Skridger View Post
    Hi Folks,

I am looking for help with a retail business name. This store will be reselling country style decor items. Currently, we are running this business from our home and selling through ebay, and social media. We hope to convert/expand into a brick/mortar store within 3 or 4 years. However, in the meantime, we want to pick a name so we can start building a brand with the local community.

We've decided our current name is not what we want and would like to change it early in the game to something we'll be happy sticking with for the long haul.

The business is owned by myself as a sole proprietor, and I will be handing the finances, working with suppliers and all the back end stuff, including online sales, while my wife, Brandie, will handle the storefront and will likely be the person the general public will know of as the "owner" of the store.

We are looking for a unique and catchy name, we believe that a good name will mean the world of difference in how successful we ultimately become with this.

Here are some points about our business that may help everyone get a feel for who we are and what we plan to create:

-Currently, we have about 500 people following us in social media, many of whome know Brandie from her home town
    -Many others in the same "following" are random people who've come accross us in social media residing in or near a city close to her home town, where we plan to open the store. (Though location is not 100% decided yet)
    -Brandie's biggest seller right now are scented candles and sprays. She also does well with little shelf sitting trinkets and other country style decor. We hope to find some suppliers of hand made wood decor items and pretty much anything that might make a house look and smell like "Grandma's".
    -We will make the store itself look as much like an old house that most of us would associate with "Grandma's" as possible using much of the same decor that we sell.

We first thought that the name of the store would have Brandie's name in it, but after thinking about it for months, we can't come up with anything we like. However, feel free to use her name in your suggestions.

Thanks all!
    def use Brandie's name! Absolutely. Brandie's Decors...keep it simple. I dont know the decors business, but if Decors is the common term/word to use, use it. Brandie's Decors

Share on facebook