Thread: My Business...

1. Collapse Details
    My Business...
    I started a computer business back in 1990 out of my house with a nieghbor of mine.

In 1992 we grew out of the house and moved to a business complex. There in 1997 we grew even larger and had to find another office.
    In 1995 we created a communications company which did networking/phone systems/cabling/ect.

In 1998 we bought an old bank (that was closed down) building on a major highway. We had to re-model the whole thing. We also bought (that previous year) a office in another city on the coast south of us.

In 1998/'99 we formed a office furniture liquidation center and with that came a leasing company.

In 2000 we sold our office on the coast to gain some more revenue from our already superb one. Also in 2000 we created our citrus company (only selling oranges - now we sell oranges, lemons, grapefruit, gift baskets, gift certificates and other citrus based products to the local community at unbeatable prices).

In 2001 we created a security/survallence camera company.

In 2003 we created a photo/graphics company.

In 2004 we have created a consulting company.

Also in 2004 we created an enterprise which took hold of our citrus stand, tree farm and packing and moving company.

We have 5 tractor trailers, 2 box trucks, 1 'work van', 2 fork lifts, 3 warehouses (to keep our liquidated furniture) and 12 employees and service our whole state EXCEPT THE PANHANDLE AREA.
    From Jacksonville down to Miami, over and up to Tampa and right here in Orlando (includes Daytona Beach) and north to Ocala. THESE ARE THE METROPOLITAN AREAS WE SERVICE - WE ALSO SERVICE ALL THE SMALLER OUTERLYING TOWNS SURROUNDING THESE CITIES AND THE FLORIDA KEYS.

We have recieved many awards/certifications throughout the 16 years we've been in business (almost 16- 15 to be exact).

The two most recent awards/cetifications we've recieved are for:
    1) '15 Years of excellence in customer service and gaurentee'
    2) 'Central Florida's Largest Business Integrator'

Not sure if ya'll would call this a SMALL business - but we ARE a SMALL corporation.

Share your thoughts, opinions, questions - I'll be happy to answer them!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    That is very impressive. I hope everything continues to rise. Good Luck

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Impressing
    Your story is really inspiring. Best wishes for the future.

Anyway I would like to know how do you manage this large network with so few people. Do you use any kind of automation? Did you pick a software?

many thanks

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Re: Impressing
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevenoaks
    Your story is really inspiring. Best wishes for the future.

Anyway I would like to know how do you manage this large network with so few people. Do you use any kind of automation? Did you pick a software?

many thanks
    Ineed, sounds like you have been pretty busy over the years. Thank you for sharing your experiences, and I hope that your future continues to go as well as your past did.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I wouldn't by any means say that's a small business! Looks like you and your company have achieved great things over the years.

I'm planning on opening a gym soon, I'm curious to know what was your biggest obstacle when starting out back in 1990 and how did you overcome it?

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    It seems you have done a lot of hardwork to get your business to where it is right now. In this case, I really would not consider that a small business anymore. You have earned it.

With what you've shared, I've learned more that business does take time to flourish and you need a lot of commitment in order to see it become successful.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    You did a lot of things. Wish you the best of luck in the future.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Wow, really cool! Good Luck!

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Incredible History

Share on facebook